Monday, September 14, 2009

Fucking Nosy Midget

Monday, Monday ... so bad to me. Havin' a hard time getting back into the grind? Well, then why not grind your way over the coolest hardboiled-noir crime joint in town ... where the chicks are cool, and the blood is warm ... over at That Killing Feeling.

Onto today's scene from A DISH BEST KILLED, and you better get ready, cause this one gets real NASTY ... when D-movie starlet Haven Crayce and her illicit lesbian lover/'personal' trainer Jett Targo ...

Murder her husband.


INT. CRAYCE HOUSEBOAT - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT
Buster comes BOUNDING in. Followed by Haven. Then Jett.

HAVEN
That’s what I’m telling you. Listen --

We hear low, ANGUISHED MOANING from upstairs.

JETT
What’s happening to him?

HAVEN
His body is screaming out for insulin,
but he’s not getting any,
so his blood sugar is plummeting.
He’s having seizures. Bad ones.

JETT
How long -- will it take for him to --

HAVEN
A couple hours. Maybe more. I dunno.
(beat)
They didn’t teach us about this at the nursing academy.

JETT
What if you gave him a shot of insulin?
Make it look like you tried to save him?
What would happen?

HAVEN
If it’s in time, it would save his life.
(beat)
So how do I explain not helping him?

JETT
You went to sleep in the guest bedroom.
You weren’t feeling well --

HAVEN
But I can fucking HEAR him.

JETT
Not if you sleep with earplugs. I do.

Another MOAN. This time, LOUDER.

FEMALE VOICE (O.C.)
Hello, is anybody home?

In walks NOLA. More than a few sheets to the wind.

HAVEN
Nola, what are you doing here?

Another MOAN.

NOLA
What the fuck am I DOING HERE?
Your husband sounds like he’s DYING up there.

HAVEN
He’s fine, it’s a new medication --

JETT
We’ve got it handled.

Nola stares. Quivering with anger.

NOLA
I know what’s going on between you too.
I’ve seen you fucking and sucking like monkeys in the zoo.

HAVEN
You fucking BITCH --

JETT
Haven --

NOLA
And now you’re trying to KILL him, for what?
The INSURANCE MONEY?
Well, I’ve SEEN THAT MOVIE,
and you’re NOT getting AWAY with it.

She pulls out her cell phone. Jett races over, GRABS it.
Nola starts POUNDING on her chest with tiny fists.

NOLA (CONT’D)
No, STOP! Give that BACK! Give that BACK!

JETT
Quiet, please! Let me explain!

NOLA
No! I’m gonna call the COPS!

JETT
(sees something)
Haven, NO!

HAVEN
stands behind Nola.
Bends down, and SHOVES a BUTCHER KNIFE in Nola’s back.
The little demon SCREAMS in pain.

NOLA
You STABBED ME! Fucking BITCH!

HAVEN
FUCK YOU! Fucking MIDGET!

Incensed, in shock,
Nola turns and ATTACKS Haven like a wild animal,
BITING, KICKING, SCRATCHING.
Haven tries to fight back,
but she’s no match against the tiny terror.

NOLA
I’m gonna fucking KILL YOU!

HAVEN
No, STOP!

JETT
Leave HER ALONE!

Jett GRABS Nola. THROWS her across the room.
She HITS the wall with a sickening THWUMP.
BANGS onto the floor. Lights out.
A pool of BLOOD starts spreading.

HAVEN
Fucking nosy MIDGET.

JETT
(reels back, in shock)
What have I done?

Another, louder MOAN from upstairs.

HAVEN
NOW what are we gonna do?

JETT
You go upstairs and shut him the fuck up,
and I’ll care of -- the body.

HAVEN
But what am I supposed to --

JETT
I don’t know.
But we got to buy us some time, so I can --
(gestures at Nola)
Get rid of -- that.

Pause.

HAVEN
Wait a minute. Listen. Do you hear that?

JETT
Hear what? I don’t hear anything.

HAVEN
Exactly. He stopped --

They RACE up the stairs into --

DART’S BEDROOM
which is empty.

HAVEN (CONT’D)
What the fuck? Where did he --

JETT
(sees, points)
There he is. Out on the deck.

EXT. CRAYCE HOUSEBOAT - ROOF DECK - CONTINUOUS
Dart stands at the railing. Bent over.

DART
Somebody -- HELP --

HAVEN
Dart, honey. What are you doing out here?
You’ll catch your death of cold.

She starts to walk toward him, but he freaks out.

DART
No -- you -- stay away -- away --

And, as he tries to move away from her,
he lurches backward, loses his footing, slips,
and FALLS OVER --
And HITS the inky black water with a SPLASH.

HAVEN
SHIT.

JETT
We’ve just been FUCKED.

HAVEN
What do we do NOW?

JETT
We gotta take care of -- the body.

They RACE downstairs. Jett looks around.
Sees her gym bag. Empties it out.
Goes over to Nola’s dead body.
Stuffs her in the bag.
Uses the gym clothes to sop up the blood.

JETT (CONT’D)
You COULD help me out here --

HAVEN
Blood makes me -- freak out.
(looks around)
Wait a minute. Where’s Buster?

JETT
He must have run away.
We’ll look for him later.

HAVEN
Don’t bother. He was Dart’s dog.
Drove me fucking crazy.

Jett stuffs the bloody clothes in the bag.
Goes to the sink. Washes her hands.
Looks back at Haven.

JETT
As soon as I’m out the door, call 911.
Tell them as much of the truth as you can.
He had an attack.
You didn’t hear it because you were sleeping.

HAVEN
I’ve got it. I was listening to my Ipod.

JETT
Even better. Then, you went to check on him,
and he was out on the deck.

HAVEN
And he -- and he --

JETT
Got startled when you called out to him.

HAVEN
That’ll work.

JETT
It’ll have to work.

Jett dries off her hands. Goes to Haven. Kisses her.

JETT (CONT'D)
I love you more than --

HAVEN
Enough to kill?

PUSH IN ON Jett. Hugging Haven for dear life.

JETT
Straight down the line, baby.
(beat)
Straight down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment