Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Legend In Her Own Crime


Happy Thursday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 13 of LEGS, Episode 2, the plot thickens when Carrie discovers the location of Israeli crime boss Nuri Hadar's safe house, while Nuri and his sons Tal and Leron plot their next move. Meanwhile, Nuri's daughter Marnie, holed up in a cheap motel, gets 'up close and personal' with her brother Yago ...


INT. NURI’S CONDO - LIVING ROOM - DAY
Carrie stands in the middle of the room
with Bernie and Megan.

She CLICKS her cell phone shut.
Looks at them.

BERNIE
Where are they?

CARRIE
Not far.
Safe house is up in Venice,
right off Speedway.
Take five minutes.

MEGAN
Hot sox.
Let’s go.

The two Uniform Cops walk into the room.
MIKE HUNT (30’s), a giant,
hyper-masculine hulk shrugs.

MIKE
Place is clean.

The other uniform cop,
CLIFFORD SIM (20’s), tall, thin,
great-looking and totally metrosexual
chimes in.

CLIFFORD
Yeah.
They have horrible taste,
but nothing we can bust them for --
(beat)
Although the sculpture of an
eagle killing a rodent
SHOULD be against the law.

MIKE
You get their location?

BERNIE
Yep.
Carrie will take the lead,
I’ll follow her,
and you two follow me.

CARRIE
Hey.
Who’s the giving orders around here?
This is my case.

BERNIE
Be my guest --

CARRIE
Meg and I will go in my car,
and you all follow me in yours.

MEGAN
Isn’t that what Bernie just said?

CLIFFORD
Oh, wow.
Now I get it.
I thought there was major tension
in the room --
(off their looks, to Megan)
You’re the girl Carrie shacked up with
after she left Bernie.

MEGAN
How did you --

CARRIE
Jesus Christ.
Does the whole force know?

MIKE
Are you kidding?
You’re a legend.
The whole department wanted
to take a crack at her.

MEGAN
They did?

BERNIE
So if Carrie’s a legend,
what does that make me?

CLIFFORD
You don’t want to know.

CARRIE
C’mon, kids.
What is this, high school?
Let’s get a move on.

Carrie’s cell phone RINGS.
She fishes it out.
Answers it.

CARRIE
This is Carrie --

INTERCUT WITH:

INT. LAW OFFICES - CONFERENCE ROOM - DAY
Todd stands near the window
away from the conference table
talking on his cell phone.

TODD
Where the hell ARE you.
We have a MEETING.

CARRIE
Oh, yeah.
Mom told me about that.

TODD
I sent you an EMAIL.

CARRIE
Yeah, same day as the meeting.
I’m in the middle of a case right now,
little brother, so you’re
gonna have to reschedule.
And this time,
give me more notice,
you fucking control freak.

TODD
How DARE you --

CARRIE
How dare YOU.
Have your people call my people,
THEN you can shove it up your ASS.
(CLICKS the phone shut)
Fuck-tard.

BERNIE
Your brother?

CARRIE
Ten points for the cuckold.
How did you guess.

MEGAN
Easy.
You always invent new swear words
when it’s about your family.

BERNIE
Cuckold?
What’s a cuckold?

CLIFFORD
I told you didn’t want to know --

INT. NURI’S SAFE HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY
Tal sits on the couch,
texting on his smart phone.

Leron fools around with Yago’s laptop.
Nuri paces back and forth.

LERON
Is still working --
(moves the mouse)
But is fucking SLOW.

NURI
Where the fuck IS he?
I’m STARVING.

TAL
I’ll give him call.

He dials a number. Listens.

INTERCUT WITH:

INT. MARNIE’S MOTEL ROOM - DAY
Marnie and Yago sit on the bed.

The groceries he bought
are spread out like a big picnic.

Marnie sips from a bottle of wine.
Yago drinks from a bottle of vodka.

MARNIE
I can’t believe you came over.

YAGO
I can’t believe you invited me.

Yago’s phone RINGS.
He picks it up.
Looks at it.

YAGO
Shit. It’s Tal.
What should I do?

MARNIE
Answer it.

YAGO
What should I tell him?

MARNIE
Tell him -- the store’s crowded,
there’s a long line.

YAGO
(nods, answer it)
Tal. What’s up?

TAL
What the fuck’s taking so long?

YAGO
The store is crowded, man.
There’s a long line. Sorry.

TAL
Well, hurry it the fuck up.

YAGO
Okay, okay.
I’ll call you when I’m leaving, okay?

TAL
Okay.

They both hang up.

MARNIE
See? That wasn’t so bad.

He smiles.
Leans over.
Kisses her.

YAGO
But that was better --

No comments:

Post a Comment