Friday, May 17, 2013

Fight Club



Hey there, crime kids. Happy Friday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 5 of B-GIRLS, retired spy Jack Broad trains the girls to prepare for their mission, and then introduces them to Smith, his right-hand, who briefs them on how they are going to take down the assassin that killed tech billionaire Randy Mandletort ...


EXT. JACK’S HOUSE - BACK YARD - DAY
Jack wears a sharp running suit.
A whistle on a cord around his neck.

Holds a clipboard.
Looks at the girls,
now wearing workout clothes.

JACK
Ladies, start your engines.

IN MONTAGE,
he watches the girls climb ropes.

RUN in a circle around the yard.
FIRE guns at targets.

Practice FIGHT MOVES.
RUN some more.

Do calisthenics.
RUN even more.

INT. JACK’S HOUSE - STUDY/COMMAND CENTER - DAY
Jack stands next to a SURFER DUDE (20’s)
sitting behind a massive
computer work station
with a dozen screens.

The girls sit nearby,
towels around their necks, exhausted.

JACK
This is Smith, my right arm.
Computer genius, internet warrior,
and hacker extraordinaire.

BLING
I thought you were retired.

JACK
My dear, just because I
never leave the house
doesn’t mean I don’t wanna know
what’s going on in the world.

LEXUS
How come you never leave the house?

BLING
Fourteen different nations
have a price on his head.

JACK
That’s why I’ve got Smith here.
He’s provided me with
a cloak of invisibility.

SMITH
I’ve jammed all heat-seeking tracking,
spy satellite monitoring --
and his web presence.
This house is,
as Stephen King would say,
a ‘dead zone.’

Meet SMITH, tan, buff,
with a tousled mane of blonde hair
Jeff Spicoli would be jealous of.
And dig the Warhol T-shirt.

JACK
Can’t leave home without it.
(to Smith)
What have you found out?

SMITH
Turns out Randy Mandletort
stole the matrix for Friendbook
from his college roomate Long Kim,
who is now the leader of a group
of hacker-terrorists known as ‘Phantom.’

BLING
Why didn’t he just hack into Friendbook?

SMITH
He is.
A trojan worm is set to infect it
around the world in a matter of hours.

LEXUS
Ohmigod.
What am I gonna do without Friendbook?

JACK
Fear not, my pneumatic one.
I’m sure Smith has a solution.

SMITH
I do.
I’ve written a code that’ll stop it --
which you’ll enter into his computer.

BLING
Wait a minute.
You mean to tell me
we’ve got to take Long Kim down,
AND save Friendbook --
all by ourselves?

JACK
Carpe diem.
Seize the day.

LEXUS
Ew.
I hate fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment