Monday, March 14, 2016

Heavy Lifting


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 16 of FRANKENSTEIN IN LOVE, Vita tries on the outfit she bought to try and seduce Frankie, but doesn't feel comfortable in it. Meanwhile, Frankie convinces Josh to help move Shayla from his secret basement lab up into his treehouse because she feels 'trapped,' and wants 'a view' ...


INT. VITA’S BEDROOM - NIGHT
Very dark.
Lit by a trio of candles on the dresser.
Some haunting new wave-goth classic
plays on the stereo.

We hear a rustling in the closet.
The door opens, and out steps --

VITA. Wearing the dress. And the shoes.
Looks scared. Uncomfortable.

She tentatively CLOMP-CLOMPS
over to the mirror.
Looks at herself. Sighs.

VITA
I look like a drag queen.

She plops down on the bed.
Puts her head in her hands.

VITA
I can’t DO IT.
(sobs)
What was I thinking?

INT. HIGH SCHOOL LUNCHROOM - DAY
The joint is packed with
LOUD STUDENTS eating lunch.

Gossiping, laughing, each clique
hanging out at their own table.

Frankie and Josh sit alone
in a far corner.

JOSH
So how was your first date?
(beat)
No, wait. Don’t answer that.
I don’t want to throw
up my Salisbury steak.

FRANKIE
It was so romantic --
(sighs)
I think I’m in love.

JOSH
In love? With a dead girl?

FRANKIE
She’s NOT dead. She’s -- different.

JOSH
Oh, she’s different, all right.

FRANKIE
There’s just one small problem --

JOSH
A problem? Like what? She’s COLD?
You have to keep her HIDDEN
because everybody’s LOOKING FOR HER?

FRANKIE
No, no, no.
She told me last night she wants
-- a view.
(off his look)
You know, a window.
She says the basement
makes her feel -- confined.

JOSH
No SHIT.

FRANKIE
C’mon, I’m serious.
I need you to help me move her up
into the tree house.

JOSH
No way. Sorry. I’m done playing Igor --

FRANKIE
Aw, c’mon -- please? I just need you
to help me do this one last thing,
and then I’ll never bring her up again.

JOSH
Well, that is unless she gets buried --

FRANKIE
Please, Josh.
You’re my best friend in the world.
You’re the only one I can turn to
in this dark hour of need.

JOSH
(sighs)
You know I’m not very strong --

FRANKIE
All I need you to do is be my look-out.
No heavy lifting. Just watch my back.

JOSH
What’s in it for me?

FRANKIE
My undying friendship?

JOSH
And -- ?

FRANKIE
I’ll give you my mint, still-in-the-box,
original Spock action figure.

JOSH
Lame. NEXT --

FRANKIE
What about my first edition Superman comic --

JOSH
Child’s play.

FRANKIE
How about -- my Xbox?

JOSH
Have one.
(realizes)
Hey. What about your
Jenna Jameson fleshlight?

FRANKIE
My WHAT?

JOSH
C’mon. Cough it up.
You don’t need it anymore.

FRANKIE
What makes you think I have --

JOSH
You showed it to me on New Year’s Eve
when we got drunk on apricot schnapps.

Pause.

FRANKIE
Oh, yeah --

JOSH
Just make sure it’s CLEAN, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment