Monday, March 30, 2015

Snow Blind


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 21 of SPIRAL, Andy prepares for another night of partying with Dex and Savanahh ... by calling his cocaine dealer ...

INT - RESTAURANT - NIGHT
Andy and Dex sit a table on the patio
at El Coyote with margaritas and nachos.

Andy looks at his watch.

ANDY
It's started.

DEX
She'll win.
(beat)
Hey, see that busboy over there?

ANDY
Which one? That one?

DEX
Yeah.

The BUS BOY comes to the table
next to theirs and starts cleaning it up.
He glances at Dex.

ANDY
Well don't just sit there, go for it!

DEX
Time for a little Mexican take out.

Dex stands up and addresses the busboy.

DEX
Excuse me. Hi.

BUS BOY
Yes?

DEX
Would you mind showing me
where the bathroom is?

BUS BOY
The bathroom?

The pair lock eyes.
The bus boy smiles.

BUS BOY
Sure. Follow me.

DEX
Gracias.

Dex winks at Andy as he
leaves with the bus boy.

A tall Mexican WAITRESS
wearing a ridiculous, long
flowery dress approaches the table.

MEXICAN WAITRESS
Can I get you anything?

ANDY
I'll have what he's having.

INT. OFFICE - DAY
Andy sits in a chair
in George Stuart's office.
George is talking on the phone.

GEORGE
Christie Hefner? Of course.
(to Andy)
This'll just take a minute.

Andy picks lint off his wool pants,
pretending not to listen.

GEORGE
Oh. No. I'm George Stuart.
You want Jim Stuart,
in business affairs.
(beat)
Accounting.
(beat)
Thanks, you too. Bye.

George hangs up the phone quietly,
hiding his embarrassment.

GEORGE
Where was I?

ANDY
You were saying you couldn't put me
on warning because technically
I'm still a temp.

INT. KITCHEN - MAGIC
Andy walks into the kitchen.
Dex holds the phone in his hand.

ANDY
I'm gonna take a quick shower.
You gonna call Nickie?

DEX
I'm one step ahead of you.

ANDY
I'll be ready in fifteen.

INT. BEDROOM - MAGIC
A crummy bedroom. NICKIE VEGA, small,
thin, and bird-like talks on the phone.

Speeded-up, faceless Euro-disco
quietly plays on a small boom box.

NICKIE
Half an ounce?
Whattya, going skiing?

Nick bites his fingernails.

SPLIT SCREEN OF DEX AND NICKIE
Dex talks on the phone.

DEX
Call me a ski bunny, Nickie.
Can you deliver?

NICKIE
You just caught me,
I'm going over the hill.

DEX
Cool. I'm at the Bel Air place.
Check still okay?

Nickie leans over and SNORTS
a line, then another.

DEX
Nickie? You still there?

NICKIE
You Hollywood guys
fucking crack me up.
I'll be there in jiffy.

Nickie hangs up.
Dex looks at the phone, puzzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment