Friday, August 28, 2009

Naughty Schoolgirl

Happy Friday, crime slicksters! Are you ready for the weak-end? The rear end? You ready for some gut-punching, kick-ass, hardboiled-pulp action? Then get your asses over the only depraved joint in town, where the chicks are hot, the guns are hotter ... at That Killing Feeling.

Onto today's blistering, white-hot installment from HIT & RUN HOLIDAY ...

In which wanted fugitive/screenwriter Friday Foster and her ex, disgraced cop Carrie Love subdue white slave trafficker/former Marine Bland Loosener ...

And then share a tender moment ...

Before something HORRIBLE happens.

INT. WHITE LINE PICTURES - CONFERENCE ROOM - DAY
Carrie GRABS Bland. WRENCHES his arms back behind him.
SNAPS on cuffs. Friday PUNCHES him in the face. Lights out.

FRIDAY
Support our troops. Not.

CARRIE
So that’s how you take care of things?
Violence? I had him HANDCUFFED.

JIMMY JOE
Ah, c’mon -- that was self-defense.
Looks like he had it comin.’

CARRIE
Self Defense? Had it coming?
She TERRORIZED a restaurant.
Then a think tank.
Smashed a PULITZER PRIZE.
Hijacked a CAR.
And, is in possession of ILLEGAL WEAPONS.

FRIDAY
Well, if you’re going to nitpick.
(beat)
You walked out on me.

CARRIE
I was -- covered with soap. And you were -
(beat)
I’m sorry I split on you. I, I --
(beat)
Can’t handle the kinky stuff.

FRIDAY
It’s about control.
And letting go of it. Not pain.
I never hurt you.
You’re just afraid of what turns you on.
Naughty schoolgirl, hmmm?

CARRIE
I just want vanilla some of the time, you know?
Hearts and flowers? Candlelit dinners, watching bad rom-coms -

FRIDAY
That can be arranged. I do have an Enya CD, you know --

Carrie stares at Friday. Practically quivering.

CARRIE
I could really use a cigarette.

Friday pulls out her pack. Slides out two.
Fires them up. Inhales. Hands one to Carrie.

CARRIE (CONT'D)
Thanks.

Carrie takes a long drag. They stare at each other.

FRIDAY
We could go for a trial run. No strings.
Come with me. Break the rules.

Pause.

CARRIE
Goddammit.

FRIDAY
You know you want to.

CARRIE
You’re an evil temptress.
(beat)
But you know that.

FRIDAY
Come, little moth -- into the flame.

CARRIE
I’m a cop, Friday.
If I go with you, I can kiss my badge goodbye.
It’s all I have. My dad was a cop.

FRIDAY
So -- what. You’re gonna -- arrest me?

CARRIE
I don’t have to. A swarm of heat will be here any minute.

FRIDAY
(softly)
Yeah.
(to the executives)
Okay. We’re gonna ankle this joint. You’re all free to go.

DON
It’s about fucking time.

A sharp CRACK through the window. A bullet WHIZZES by.
Carrie clutches her stomach. OOF.

CARRIE
Huh?

A red stain appears on her shirt. Starts growing.

FRIDAY
NO.

Friday takes Carrie in her arms.

CARRIE
(tiny voice)
I’ve been -- shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment