Monday, July 2, 2012

Three Bodies, No Waiting


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 36 of BLUE HOTEL, Beggar gets busy with Holly in bed, but when he goes too far, she says 'no,' which he ignores, with deadly results. Meanwhile, homicide detectives Bernie and Danette can't find rookie cop Kenny, so they decide to start searching the hotel, room by room ...


INT. ALONA’S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT
The lush, bluesy wail of Morphine’s CANDY
oozes it’s decadent moan on the stereo over --

Beggar. Lying on top of Holly.
Delirious from the ecstasy,
he’s caressing her slowly,
kissing her neck, her shoulders,
then down to her breasts.

Holly suddenly tenses up.

HOLLY
No, please -- don’t.
Not my --

BEGGAR
Ah, c’mon, honey.
You know you want it.
Go with the flow.

HOLLY
No, please -- get off me --

BEGGAR
I know it feels good --
I hear you moaning.

HOLLY
No -- not my -- my breast -- NO.

But he puts her nipple in his mouth
and starts SUCKING.

A hand reaches down to her crotch.
Starts exploring.

HOLLY (CONT’D)
I said NO!

Holly reaches over,
GRABS the table lamp.

The shade FLIES off.
She CRACKS it over Beggar’s head,
KNOCKING him sideways.

BEGGAR
OW!

She JAMS the lamp into his eye,
lightbulb first. A sickening CRUNCH.

He FLIES backwards against the bed.
His head CRACKS against the wall, THUNK.

Holly stands, takes aim,
and KICKS the lamp all the way
through his head, THWUCK.
The cord SPARKS. Fizzles.

HOLLY
Lights out, ASSHOLE.

Holly looks at him, wide-eyed.
A strange smile on her face,
rocking back and forth on the bed.
Whispers --

HOLLY (CONT'D)
I said -- no.

Alona walks in the room,
blood on her hands.

Sees Beggar. Mouth drops open.
RUSHES OVER to the bed.

ALONA
Holly? What, what -- what HAPPENED?

HOLLY
I said no, and he -- wouldn’t stop.

ALONA
Ohmigod, Holly --
you shouldn’t have DONE that.
(beat)
Now we’ve got three bodies.

HOLLY
(quietly)
Are you mad at me?
Please don’t be mad at me.
(off her stare)
He started -- putting his fingers inside me.

Alona sighs.
Looks at Beggar’s body. Shivers.

ALONA
Bastard didn’t know
who he was messing with.

HOLLY
(scary quiet)
When a woman says no, it means NO.

PUSH IN ON Alona’s face.
Scared to death.

ALONA
Remind me not to piss you off.

EXT. THE STARLIGHT HOTEL - VENICE BOARDWALK - NIGHT
Danette stands in front of the hotel.
Looks up at the windows.
Bernie appears at the end of the side alley.

BERNIE
Went around the entire perimeter.
No sign.

DANETTE
So that rules out a
dead cell phone battery.

BERNIE
I’ve got an idea,
but I don’t think you’re gonna like it.

DANETTE
Spill it.

BERNIE
I’ve got a hunch all our answers
are in the hotel.
We should search door-to-door.

DANETTE
We don’t have a warrant.

BERNIE
Probably cause.

DANETTE
An officer has disappeared.

BERNIE
At a building he was watching.
That we were staking out.

DANETTE
Let’s do it --

No comments:

Post a Comment