Friday, July 27, 2012

On The Rebound


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Friday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 14 of LEGS, Episode Two, private detective Carrie Love discovers that her client Marnie Hadar has another brother, Yago, who's right now on the way to buy groceries for their Israeli crime boss father to bring back to the safe house he's holed up in ...


EXT. ROLLS ROYCE SEDAN - MOVING - DAY
The giant white behemoth
cruises down Wilshire Boulevard.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE SEDAN - MOVING - DAY
Yago sits behind the wheel driving.
Talks on his cell phone.

YAGO
A private detective? Gnarly.

INTERCUT WITH:

INT. THE STARLET MOTEL - MARNIE’S ROOM - DAY
Marnie sits on the bed with her laptop.
Talks on her cell.

MARNIE
Yeah. And she said she was
gonna bring a cop friend
with her for protection.
Something bad must of gone down
if they’re hiding out at your place.

YAGO
But you’re okay.
You’re safe --

MARNIE
Yeah. I guess so.
Not much fun hiding out
in a shitty motel room, though.
Did they tell you what happened?

YAGO
No. They never tell me anything.

MARNIE
Will you keep me posted
on what they’re up to?

YAGO
Of course.

MARNIE
Okay, good.
I’m gonna call the detective
and let her know where they are.

YAGO
You mean, she and the cop
are gonna come to the safe house?

MARNIE
Yeah. So it might be a good idea
for you to stay away for awhile.

YAGO
Shit. I’m on my way
to get groceries for them --

MARNIE
Go do that.
Then go surfing or something.
I’ll make sure they don’t come
until after you’re gone, okay?

YAGO
Okay, cool. Thanks.

MARNIE
I miss you.
I wish things could be --
the way they used to be.

YAGO
Don’t even talk about that.
If dad found out we were even talking --
(sees out the window)
I’m here. Gotta go.

INT. NURI’S CONDO - LIVING ROOM - DAY
A pair of COPS IN UNIFORM search the joint
while Bernie talks with Carrie and Megan.

BERNIE
(to Megan)
Nice to see you again -- officer.

MEGAN
(nods, curt)
Detective.

CARRIE
Children, play nice.
(to Bernie)
You have no right to be upset.
I came to you first.

MEGAN
You DID?

CARRIE
I WAS married to him
for ten years, Meg --

MEGAN
And I’m just the
‘on the rebound’ quickie?

BERNIE
You said it, not me --

Carrie’s cell phone RINGS.

CARRIE
Just chill, okay?
Both of you.
(answers it)
This is Carrie.

INTERCUT WITH:

INT. THE STARLET MOTEL - MARNIE’S ROOM - DAY
Marnie sits at the table by the window,
watching the traffic go by,
talking on her cell phone.

MARNIE
Detective Love, it’s me, Marnie.

CARRIE
Call me Carrie. What’s up?

MARNIE
Carrie. How did it go with my dad?

CARRIE
He and your brothers
assaulted and kidnapped me
and a police officer.
We escaped.
There’s now a warrant
out for their arrest.

MARNIE
Holy shit.
(beat)
I just found out where they are.
My brother Yago called me --

CARRIE
You have ANOTHER brother?

MARNIE
He didn’t go into the family business.
He called from my dad’s safe house
in Venice after they got there.
They told him I was causing a problem,
so he called to see if I was okay.

CARRIE
What was he doing at the safe house?

MARNIE
Daddy lets him stay there, rent-free.
(beat)
It’s a long story.

CARRIE
Give me the address.

MARNIE
Hold on a sec.
Yago’s out getting groceries for them.
I told him you wouldn’t go over there
until after he got back
and was able to get out of there.

CARRIE
If you don’t give me
the address right now,
I’ll arrest you for
obstruction of justice.

MARNIE
But what about Yago?

CARRIE
Call him and tell him
to go somewhere else.
Maybe come over
and hang with you.

MARNIE
Oh. Why didn’t I think of that --

CARRIE
I’m gonna ask one more time.
The address?

MARNIE
One-five-two-two Ocean Front Walk.
It’s a big, old house right on the sand.
You’ll call me afterward
and let know what happens?

CARRIE
You can count on it.
We might need someone
to identify the bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment