Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Locked Up Like A Veal


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Hump Day. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 12 of LEGS, Episode Two, Israeli crime boss Nuri Hadar and his sons Tal Leron arrive at their safe house in Venice Beach where Nuri's ne'r do well other son Yago is staying, where they start making plans to kill private eye Carrie Love ...


EXT. VENICE BEACH HOUSE - DAY
A classic, old, weathered-looking big house
nestled between two giant, gleaming condos
right on the sand.

It’s surrounded by giant hedges
and trees taller than the joint
that makes the tiny yard around it
shadowy and dark -- and very private.

INT. VENICE BEACH HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY
Large and airy, with a great view of the ocean.

YAGO HADAR (20’s) sits on the couch
working a laptop.

He resembles the family,
except his hair is bleached blonde
and he’s dressed ‘early surfer.’

Nuri, Tal and Leron walk into the room.

YAGO
What are you doing here?

TAL
Is safe house,
what do you think?

LERON
Sorry to disturb social networking.

NURI
After what you did to this family,
you’re lucky to be living ANYWHERE.
Last time I looked, I paid the bills --
and YOU get to shack up for free
and keep eye on joint.

TAL
And keep refrigerator stocked.

He heads off toward the kitchen.

YAGO
So -- what happened?

NURI
Marnie -- is causing problem.

YAGO
Gee, I wonder why.
It’s not like you keep her
locked up like a veal --

Nuri walks over, KICKS
the laptop off the coffee table.

It HITS the wall with a CRACK.
CRASHES to the floor, BANG.

YAGO
HEY.

NURI
Don’t HEY me,
you fucking goldbrick.
I BOUGHT it, I can BREAK it.

YAGO
How am I supposed to finish
my online massage therapist exam?

NURI
'Massage therapist exam?'
I didn’t raise you
to become fucking FRUIT.

YAGO
I thought you wanted me
to find a job.

NURI
Only because you won’t
join FAMILY BUSINESS.

Tal comes back in.

TAL
Hey, pop. Cupboard is bare.
(to Yago)
What’s up with that?

Leron points at the bong
on the coffee table.

LERON
Looks like Jeff Spicoli
spent his allowance on
four-twenty instead of FOOD.

NURI
'Jeff Spicoli?'

LERON
You haven’t seen
Fast Times At Ridgemont High?
Sean Penn plays stoner,
is funny like heart attack.
Is also notable for VERY
sexy scene with Phoebe Cates in bikini.

He makes a jerking off motion
with his hand.

Nuri shoots him a look, disgusted.
Pulls out his wallet.

Hands Yago a fistful of cash.
Points at the door.

NURI
Go. Now. Get some food. Good stuff.
Whole Foods, like that.
And get wine, liquor.
And ice. Lots of ice.

YAGO
Yeah, sure. Okay.
(carefully)
My car is low on gas?

Nuri sighs.
Pulls out his keys.
TOSSES them to him.

NURI
Take the Rolls.
But if you get ONE SCRATCH on it,
I send you to kibbutz, GOT IT?

YAGO
Got it. I’ll be careful, pop. Promise.

He slinks away.
Nuri looks at Tal and Leron.
Shakes his head.

NURI
Is embarrassment to crime family.
Thank god I have you boys.

LERON
Maybe he’ll come around someday.

NURI
When Gaza Strip freezes over.
(beat)
Okay. We need to come up with plan
on how to find Marnie. Any ideas?

LERON
I can start checking on all her friends.
Maybe one of them knows something.

NURI
How you propose doing that?

LERON
On Friendbook.
I’m on there as ‘Misty,’
one of her friends,
You should SEE
party photos she posts.

NURI
Excellent --
(makes a face)
But spare me details.

TAL
I’m gonna pay visit
to that private detective she hired --
and MAKE her tell me where she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment