Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Run This Joint

Happy Tuesday, crime motherfuckers. Are you ready to get your rocks off? Then belly up to the bar and get your daily steaming slice of hardboiled pulp, served hot and nasty ... at That Killing Feeling.

Onto today's joint from LITTLE GIRL BLUE, where the plot not only thickens, it congeals.

Private eye Carrie Love and her new client, college coed/amateur stripper Blue Wonder toast to Carrie's helping Blue find out who killed her sister, but are interrupted by Tolly Chill, the manager of the strip club, who not only hires Blue after her disastrous audition, but also invites her to a party in the Hollywood Hills ...


INT. FANTASY ISLAND STRIP CLUB - BAR - NIGHT
Blue smiles at Carrie. They toast to their new working relationship.

MALE VOICE (O.C.)
There she is. The lovely Miss Blue.

TOLLY CHILL
Appears before them. Suave.
Eyes crinkled with satisfaction.

BLUE
Oh, hi.

TOLLY
I’m Tolly. I run this joint.

BLUE
OH. Nice to meet you.
(beat)
I’m so embarrassed --

He raises her hand to his lips.
Kisses it. Smiles.

TOLLY
Nonsense. You were wonderful.
In fact, I’d like to offer you a job. Dancing.

CARRIE
See? What did I tell you?

TOLLY
(ignores Carrie, to Blue)
I’m going to a little holiday soirĂ©e in the Hollywood Hills tonight --
and I’d love for you to accompany me.

BLUE
A party? In the Hollywood Hills?

TOLLY
Should be fun. Nice mix of people.
Movie stars, pro athletes, rock stars, politicians.
(smiles)
I’d be honored.

BLUE
Sure. I’d be honored.

TOLLY
Terrific. I have to go take care of some business in the back office.
Stay here, have a drink on me, and I’ll be back in a few minutes.

BLUE
Okay --

He bows. Turns, walks away. Carrie watches him.

BLUE (CONT’D)
Holy SHIT. A party in the Hollywood Hills.

CARRIE
There’s something -- off about him.

BLUE
Don’t be silly. He’s cute.

CARRIE
Just be careful.

BLUE
He seems like a complete gentlemen.

CARRIE
Sure. All guys who run strip clubs are 'complete gentlemen.'

BLUE
If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’re jealous.

Pause.

CARRIE
If you’re going to hire my services,
you’re going to have to trust my judgment.
(off her stare)
Look. I’ve been around the block.
There’s a lot of sharks in this town
that can make a meal out of a gal like you.
Just be careful, okay? Keep your eyes open.

BLUE
Okay.

CARRIE
Okay. And don’t be afraid to call me if anything gets -- weird.
Any time of the day or night.
Think of me like a big sister.

BLUE
I like that --

TOLLY
Appears. All smiles. Eyes flashing.

TOLLY
Are you ready to go?

BLUE
I need to go to the ladies room.
Be back in a sec.

She slides off her stool.
Grabs her purse.
Heads for the loo.
Tolly and Carrie appraise each other.

TOLLY
(watches her)
Gorgeous girl.
(turns, looks at Carrie)
So what’s your story?

CARRIE
(hands him her card)
Carrie Love, PI. A friend.

TOLLY
(reads the card)
It’s nice to see the young lady has --
people watching out for her.
(weird smile)
Can’t be too careful these days.

PUSH IN Carrie.
Finishing her drink.

CARRIE
Gotta watch out for those sharks.
(sips her beer)
Especially when you’re living in a fishbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment