Monday, November 16, 2009

Fast, Cheap & Out Of Control

Happy Monday, crime kids. Are you looking for adventure? Some cheap, sleazy hardboiled thrills? Then you've come to the right ... or wrong ... place, where the chicks are hot, the violence cold, and bloodletting non-stop ... at That Killing Feeling.

Onto today's joint from LITTLE GIRL BLUE, where things are starting to heat up.

First up, we meet a pair of sleazy thugs who accept delivery of under-aged white slaves at the airport ...

Meanwhile, private eye Carrie Love decides to help amateur dancer/college coed Blue Wonder find out who killed her stripper sister, Jonna ...


EXT. SANTA MONICA AIRPORT - NIGHT
A small PROPELLER AIRPLANE sits on the runway.
Like something out of an old movie. Does this thing really FLY?

A van is parked nearby. Two LARGE GOONS get out.
Walk over to the plane. The TALLER GOON,
wearing shades and a porkpie hat, pulls out his cell.
Punches a number.

PORKPIE HAT GOON
We’re here.
(listens)
Asshole. I told you to FEED them.

The airplane door opens.
Porkpie Hat looks at the SHORTER GOON,
who takes a sip from a flask.

PORKPIE HAT GOON (CONT'D)
We might have three instead of four.

FLASK GOON
Long flight. No peanuts.

A ramp is lowered from the open doorway.
The goons walk up.

INSIDE THE PLANE
FOUR UNDERAGED ROMANIAN GIRLS (15-16)
sit huddled on the floor in chains.
One of them has vomited all over herself.

A SKINNY CROATIAN MAN (40’s) looks at them.
Shakes his head.

SKINNY CROATIAN MAN
Not my fault. Boss said no more smack.

PORKPIE HAT GOON
I’ve got a rag in the van. C’mon, let’s move it.
Gotta big party tonight in the hills.
And Santa’s gotta deliver the presents.

INT. FANTASY ISLAND STRIP CLUB - AT THAT MOMENT
Blue sits at far end of the bar with Carrie.
She’s now wearing jeans and a belly shirt.
They sip bottles of beer.

BLUE
I’m so embarrassed.

CARRIE
Don’t be. You were great.
(beat)
Minor detail.

BLUE
But I fucking FELL.

CARRIE
Adds to your charm.
They’re gonna offer you a job.
Just you wait.

Pause.

BLUE
So -- you’re a private detective.

CARRIE
I am. But keep it under your hat.
I come here to do a Garbo.
(pulls out her card)
Here. Just in case --

BLUE
(takes it, reads)
Fast, Cheap & Out of Control?

CARRIE
Marketing gimmick.
(takes a swig)
And it gives Joe Average a hard-on.

BLUE
How much do you charge?

CARRIE
Too much.
(beat)
Are you in some kind of trouble?

BLUE
It’s -- about my sister.

CARRIE
Is she in trouble?

Pause.

BLUE
She -- died.

CARRIE
I’m sorry. What happened?

Blue looks around.
Makes sure no one is listening.

BLUE
They said she committed suicide.
But that’s not true.
She’d never do that. Never.
Jonna would NEVER do that.
No way.
(looks again)
She was a dancer here.
Jonna was trying to make it as an actress,
said this was just temporary,
that the money was great,
the people were nice,
and that she was making some great contacts.
(sips her beer)
She wrote me once a week.
Then the letters stopped.
My parents were contacted by the police,
they said she’d killed herself.
(angry)
But she DIDN’T. I KNOW she didn’t.
(hisses)
Someone KILLED her.

CARRIE
I’m -- sorry.
(beat)
I was wondering what a nice girl like you
was doing here on Christmas Eve.

BLUE
I’m on break from college.
My parents think I’m on campus studying.
They’re really upset with me.
(eyes tearing up)
I’m gonna find out who KILLED her.

Pause.

Carrie stares at her.

CARRIE
I’ll do it.

BLUE
But you said you were too expense --

CARRIE
I am. But I made a bundle on my last case.
Time for me to pay it forward.
You know, karma.
(smiles)
Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap.
(beat)
Ho, ho, ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment