Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Unfriendly FIre


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Wednesday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 35 of HIT & RUN HOLIDAY, mercenary Bland Loosener finally catches up with fugitive screenwriter Friday Foster, still holding the film executives hostage in their conference room. Meanwhile, outside, the race riot has gotten bigger, and is now making it's way into the building ...

INT. WHITE LINE PICTURES - CONFERENCE ROOM - DAY
Carrie and Friday watch the riot going on outside
through the window.

BLAND
runs into the room.
Waving a gun.
He sees Friday.

BLAND
There you are!
Where is my money?
I want MY MONEY!

FRIDAY
(points her guns at him)
I don’t HAVE it.
I SPENT it.

Carrie slides along the wall,
gets behind him.

BLAND
You’re a LIAR.
I don’t BELIEVE you.

FRIDAY
Then we have a problem, don’t we?
So shut THE FUCK UP
before I BLAST YOU
with UN-FRIENDLY FIRE.

BLAND
Oh, yeah?
You and what ARMY?

Carrie GRABS him.
WRENCHES his arms back behind him.

SNAPS on cuffs.
Friday PUNCHES him in the face.
Lights out.

FRIDAY
Support our troops. Not.

CARRIE
So that’s how you
take care of things?
Violence? I had him HANDCUFFED.

JIMMY JOE
Ah, c’mon --
that was self-defense.
Looks like he had it comin.’

CARRIE
Self Defense?
Had it coming?
She TERRORIZED a restaurant.
Then a think tank.
Smashed a PULITZER PRIZE.
Hijacked a CAR.
And, is in possession of
ILLEGAL WEAPONS.

FRIDAY
Well, if you’re going to nitpick.
(beat)
You walked out on me.

CARRIE
I was -- covered with soap.
And you were -
(beat)
I’m sorry I split on you.
I, I --
(beat)
Can’t handle the kinky stuff.

FRIDAY
It’s about control.
And letting go of it.
Not pain. I never hurt you.
You’re just afraid of
what turns you on.
'Naughty schoolgirl', hmmm?

CARRIE
I just want vanilla
some of the time, you know?
Hearts and flowers?
Candlelit dinners,
watching bad rom-coms -

FRIDAY
That can be arranged.
I do have an Enya CD,
you know --

Carrie stares at Friday.
Practically quivering.

CARRIE
I could really use a cigarette.

Friday pulls out her pack.
Slides out two.

Fires them up. Inhales.
Hands one to Carrie.

CARRIE (CONT'D)
Thanks.

Carrie takes a long drag.
They stare at each other.

FRIDAY
We could go for a trial run.
No strings. Come with me.
Break the rules.

Pause.

CARRIE
Goddammit.

FRIDAY
You know you want to.

CARRIE
You’re an evil temptress.
(beat)
But you know that.

FRIDAY
Come, little moth --
into the flame.

CARRIE
I’m a cop, Friday.
If I go with you,
I can kiss my badge goodbye.
It’s all I have.
My dad was a cop.

FRIDAY
So -- what.
You’re gonna -- arrest me?

CARRIE
I don’t have to.
A swarm of heat
will be here any minute.

FRIDAY
(softly)
Yeah.
(to the executives)
Okay.
We’re gonna ankle this joint.
You’re all free to go.

DON
It’s about fucking time.

A sharp CRACK through the window.
A bullet WHIZZES by.
Carrie clutches her stomach. OOF.

CARRIE
Huh?

A red stain appears on her shirt.
Starts growing.

FRIDAY
NO.

Friday takes Carrie in her arms.

CARRIE
(tiny voice)
I’ve been -- shot.

FRIDAY
Shhhh. It’s gonna be okay.
(to the group)
Somebody call a fucking ambulance!

Jimmy Joe pulls out his cell.
Punches in 911.

CARRIE
Funny -- I don’t feel anything.

FRIDAY
Shhhh, save your strength.
You’re in shock.
(to Jimmy Joe)
Well?

JIMMY JOE
It’s jus’ ringin’ and ringin’ --

EXT. WHITE LINE PICTURES - FRONT ENTRANCE
A large mob of UNRULY RIOTERS
POUND on the front door.

Mr. George stands behind the glass.
Shakes his fist.

MR. GEORGE
Heathens! Go away!
We haff nothin here
for yoo to take!

A HUGE BLACK GUY KICKS the door.

HUGE BLACK GUY
I saw dat ‘Drive-By 3!’
It wazza piece-a SHIT!
I want my money back!

LOUD BLACK GUY
You be dissin’ niggaz
wit dat SHIT!

He lifts a FIRE EXTINGUISHER
and SMASHES IT through the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment