Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I Have A Dream


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Hump Day. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 33 of FILLMORE, Slim makes a deal with a crook to get a fake birth certificate so he can tour Europe, then runs afoul of Caryn Johnson, a 'ho saver' on the prowl to take away his hookers ...


EXT. FAMOUS AMOS COOKIE SHOP - NIGHT
Slim walks up to a GUY IN A CHEAP SUIT (30’s).

SLIM
You got that birth certificate?

GUY IN CHEAP SUIT
Got the dough?

Slim pulls out some cash.
Hands it to him.

The guy pulls an envelope out of his pocket.
Hands it to him.

SLIM
Gonna get me a passport.
Go tour Europe.
(beat)
And no way am I gonna miss
the next Thrilla In Manilla --

INT. PIONEER CHICKEN - NIGHT
Slim sits at a table with a group of PIMPS.
He looks out the window, sees something.

Out the window we see a plain-looking WOMAN (20’s)
wearing Army fatigues and boots
talking to one of his girls.
Slim shakes his head.

SLIM
There she is AGAIN.
Getting up in my ho’s faces.
Who IS that bitch?

SLICK SILKY
(looks)
That’s Caryn Johnson.
She a ho harbor.

SLIM
A what?

DEACON BROWN
Captain Save-A-Ho.
Fucking bitch thinks she’s savin’ them hos.
Cop comes by, she pulls ‘em
in her place to hide.
Even takes ‘em in when
they get in trouble with US.

SLIM
That’s some fucked up shit.

DEACON BROWN
Something should be done about her.

SLICK SILKY
Some kinda wannabe actress or some shit.
Fucking do-gooder.

EXT. SLIM’S MOTEL - NIGHT
Slim walks down the corridor
to a pay phone on the wall.

Just as he reaches for the receiver,
a FEMALE HAND grabs it.

FEMALE VOICE (O.C.)
Do you fucking MIND?
I was here first.

Reveal CARYN JOHNSON (20’s),
short-haired, plain, no makeup.

Slim SMACKS her hand away.
Gets in her face.

SLIM
Fuck is wrong with you, bitch?
This is MY phone.

CARYN
Fuck you. I was here FIRST.

SLIM
Get your black ass outta my FACE.
I gotta make a CALL.

CARYN
Oh, yeah? No fucking pimp’s
gonna tell ME what to do.

SLIM
(low, scary)
You ugly-ass, pussy-eating skank.
If you don’t get your nasty
face the fuck OUTTA here,
I’m gonna stomp your head
on the curb, GOT it?

She scowls at him.
Eyes filled with hatred. Walks away.

INT. SLIM’S MOTEL ROOM - NIGHT
Slim listens to the radio.
Looks out the window,
drinks from a pint of liquor,
watching the action outside.

OUTSIDE
Caryn Johnson walks by, looking around.
She’s wearing a bigger, longer coat.
She stops. Turns, looks at something.

A flash of metal glistens
under the street light.
We see she’s carrying a RIFLE.

IN THE MOTEL ROOM
Slim shuts out the light.
Pulls out his thirty-eight.
Watches her. She disappears.

INT. UPSCALE GROCERY STORE - NIGHT
Slim walks down an aisle
holding a small basket, choosing items.

Turns a corner, then sees Caryn,
also carrying a basket.

In the bright light she looks
a bit softer. Younger.

SLIM
Last night I saw you with
that rifle under you coat.
I coulda blown you away.

CARYN
I know who you are.

SLIM
Yeah. How did you know?

CARYN
I used to live in Oakland.
I was studying with Uta Hagen --
(off his look)
She’s an acting teacher.

SLIM
You’re an actress?

CARYN
Yeah. But Hollywood ain’t interested
in somebody that looks like me.
(off his look)
Why you lookin’ at me like that?
So I got a dream.
That’s what keeps me going.
Don’t you have a one?

SLIM
One what.

CARYN
A dream.
Besides being a pimp --

No comments:

Post a Comment