Monday, April 20, 2009

Portrait of the Damned


Happy Monday, crime fans. Welcome back to the dreary, 9-to-5 work week. Not.

Screened Alex Proyas' DARK CITY last night. Eerie. Strange. Totally goth. Really underrated. Rufus Sewell was great -- but Willam Hurt and Jennifer Connolly steal the flick right out from under him. Amazing effects, blow-mind art direction. Not great cinema, but a lot of pitch-black fun.

Gorgeous day here at the beach. 85 degrees . Like fucking summer. Was really hard to get going today, especially with the computer problems I've been having. But I got it done. Four steaming pages of sin. I like to be a couple of scenes ahead of where we are in the story, just in case.

We're now toward the middle of the big four-way sex sequence -- the act two turning point in the story for our misguided heisters. And when the smoke clears, there'll be hell to pay. Not to mention a mortician.

Onto part two. Hondo and Net have their 'first fight.'

A Hallmark moment ... especially for drugged-out, murderous bank robbers.

It's short. And not sweet ...

***

INT. BEDROOM - MOMENTS LATER
Hondo lies in bed with Net. Touches her bare leg.
She SLAPS his hand away.
Pulls out a joint. Lights it.

NET
Keep your hands off me -- faggot.

HONDO
(laughs)
Who you calling a faggot?

NET
You wanna fuck him -- instead of me.

HONDO
You got that wrong, darlin’ --
I wanna fuck BOTH of you.
(beat)
You said you were a swinger.

NET
A straight swinger, asshole -- not fucking GAY.

HONDO
What? You never orgied?

NET
Yeah, but where I come from,
guys fuck girls, and girls fuck girls,
but no GUYS fuck GUYS.

HONDO
That’s right, I forgot -- you’re from Texas.

NET
What the fuck is THAT supposed to mean?

She grabs a bottle of tequila on the bed stand.
CHUGS it.

HONDO
You know you might be a redneck, IF --

NET
ASSHOLE!

Net THROWS the bottle at him. He DUCKS.
It SMASHES against the wall -- CRASH.

HONDO
BABY!
(grabs her)
I’m SORRY.

NET
(shrieks)
What the FUCK?

She starts crying. Sobbing.
He strokes her hair.

HONDO
I’m sorry, baby -- I’m sorry.
I was just playin’ with you --
(beat)
We’re fucked up -- you know?
I’m SORRY.

NET
(tears subside)
Kay --

HONDO
What can I do to make it up to you?
What would make my little bank robber happy?

Net pulls away. Nasty smile. Eyes burning.

NET
You can fix me a Cam sandwich.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment