Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Marked For Life


Not much to report today. Had a great phone conference with my new protege, who for now I'll call 'Mr. X.' He's got a hell of a story to tell. A rags-to-riches-to-rags-to-redemption crime story that has the mob, millionaires, private eyes, drugs, drug dealers, suicide attempts, espionage -- and a clean and sober light at the end of the tunnel.

And if I play my cards right, I'll be the one to help him tell it. Bring this amazing story to the silver screen.

Maybe even pay my bills.

This afternoon's installment from GUN-WILD is a quickie, so I can sneak it in for you. A little appertife to brighten the end of your drab, dull 9-5 existence.

Kidding. Just kidding.

We take you now to our bank heisters, who have just split the joint, leaving behind two dead cops, a soccer mom with a stroke, a dead security guard ... and two really pissed off high school girls who a now bereft of cell phones.

That's life in the big city, doll.

***

INT. OLDS CONVERTIBLE - MOVING - DAY
Rod turns north up a steep hill toward Fourth Street.
Starts to slow down.

HONDO
Why are you slowing down?

ROD
This car sticks out like a sore fucking thumb.
We gotta find new wheels, pronto.

HONDO
(to Net)
And what THE FUCK was that back there?
I told you NO FUCKING SHOOTING.

NET
He wouldn’t listen.

HONDO
And the fucking COPS?
You might have KILLED one of them.
You know what happens THEN?
We’re MARKED FOR LIFE.

NET
So fucking what.
I’m already marked.

HONDO
(SMACKS Cam on the head)
And YOU!

CAM
OW!

HONDO
You didn’t make the fucking GUARD
lock the fucking DOOR!

CAM
You said he was gonna be an OLD FART.
He was built like a MARINE.
He was gonna jump me.
I had to CLOCK HIM.
(beat)
There was no TIME.

HONDO
Shit. Fuck.
(beat)
Shit.

ROD
We got the money, didn’t we?

HONDO
Yeah, but --

ROD
So we’ll hole up somewhere
and figure out our next move.

NET
I like the sound of holing up.

CAM
How about we snatch a Winnebago
and go up north?

ROD
You mean -- like a motor home?

CAM
Yeah. And I know where we can get one.

HONDO
Oh, yeah? Where?

PUSH IN ON Cam.
Her Cheshire cat grin.

CAM
My father.
(beat)
Easy pickings.
Bastard’s out of the country -- in Switzerland.
HONDO
(looks at her, smiles)
Yo-da-lay-he-fucking-HOO.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment