Monday, April 6, 2009

GUN-WILD: Sit On My Facebook


Monday morning. Another day, another -- unemployment check.

I've been having bad luck with the Netflix queue lately. I don't know what it is. Tried to screen OUR LADY OF THE ASSASSINS, which sounded like a cool South American crime drama directed by Barbet Schroeder -- but when I started watching it, I was horrified to discover it was shot on video. And not the state-of-the-art kinda video that has that 'film look.' This looked like ... a home movie. Ug. Shut it off, and was rescued by watching Danny Boyle's 28 DAYS LATER, which was fun to see it again after watching the sequel a couple of days ago.

So ... I've loaded up the queue with some classics ... REAR WINDOW, VERTIGO, I WAS A FUGITVE FROM A CHAIN GANG, RAGING BULL and some other old favorites. Enough crap, I say. Life's too short.

Onto today's installment from GUN-WILD.

The bank heist. Part two of three.

Hope you enjoy.

And remember, it's just a fucking phone. It's NOT your life.


***

EXT. FIRST FISHERAN'S BANK - NOON
Music EXPLODES. The crazed, white-hot surf/rockabilly
reverb hip-shake of The Reverend Horton Heat’s WIGGLE STICK over --

CAM
BANGS open the front door.

INSIDE THE BANK
She points her gun at the SECURITY GUARD (30),
a young, virile-looking hunk.
What the hell? This ain’t no ‘old fart.’

CAM
Shit.

GUARD
(sees the gun)
HEY!

Cam PISTOL-WHIPS him, CRACK.
He hits the ground.

TWO HIGH-SCHOOL GIRLS
Scream. FREEZE in their tracks. Whimpering.

CAM
HANDS IN THE AIR. This is a ROBBERY.

HONDO AND NET
BURST in the door.
Sawed-off shotguns aloft.
KA-CHINK, KA-CHINK.

HONDO
Nobody FUCKING MOVE!

A TELLER
An OLDER WOMAN (60) -- stares, open-mouthed.
FAINTS. Hits the floor, THWUMP.

THE OTHER TELLER
An ATTRACTIVE SOCCER MOM (40) --
SHOOTS her hands in the air.

HER FOOT
Presses a button on the floor.
Hitting the silent alarm.

CAM
Pulls out a can of paint.
SPRAYS the security camera.

THE GUARD
Gets up slowly, holding his head.
Reaches for his gun.

GUARD
Fucking -- bitch.

CAM
Sees him. Points the can at him.
SPRAYS his face black.

He puts his hands over his eyes.
SCREAMS in pain.

GUARD
(CONT'D)
My EYES, my EYES!

She WHIPS AROUND.
Sees the high school girls.

CAM
On THE GROUND, NOW.

The girls stare, paralyzed with fear.

CAM
(CONT’D)
I said GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND!

They HIT THE FLOOR.
Hugging each other. Crying.

CAM
(CONT’D)
Gimme your CELL PHONES.

SCARED SHITLESS CHICK
But -- my I-phone --

CAM
DO IT! NOW!

The girls TOSS their phones.
Cam STOMPS on the I-phone. CRUNCH.

CAM
(CONT’D)
Sit on my FACEBOOK.

Then CRACKS her boot on the BlackBerry.

CAM
(CONT’D)
Twitter-twitter, little star.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment