Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Boom, Boom, Boom - Out Go The Lights

Happy Tuesday, crime-stoppers! It's once again time to take a trip to the dark side. A place of unspeakable depravity, where your darkest desires becomes sins of the flesh ... at That Killing Feeling.

In today's chapter from NOWHERE GIRLS, framed agents Cherry Nation and April Street are trapped in the basement of a shopping mall while the Feds converge outside, when miraculously, they get an offer of some help ... from Rock Vargas, one of evil mastermind Honey Almond's ops, who now wants to defect ...


INT. MALL BASEMENT - UNDERGROUND CORRIDOR - NIGHT
Dimly-lit. A dim bulb FLASHES in the gloom.
Water drips down the walls.

April and Cherry walk down the corridor wearing their backpacks.
April shines a flashlight on a door.

APRIL
See? We can see each store as we pass it.

CHERRY
Yeah, but how are we gonna get out of here?
The entire mall is going to be completely surrounded by now.

APRIL
We’ll think of something. We always do --

Cherry’s cell phone RINGS.
They look at each other. Huh?
She fishes it out. Answers it.

CHERRY
Hello -- ?

INTERCUT WITH:

EXT. HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD - NIGHT
A big, black HUMMER barrels down the sleazy boulevard.

INT. ROCK’S HUMMER - MOVING - NIGHT
Rock sits behind the wheel. Speaking on his hands-free cell.

ROCK
Is this -- Cherry Nation?

CHERRY
Who wants to know?

ROCK
Rock Vargas. You don’t know me.
I used to work for Honey Almond --

CHERRY
(to April)
It’s some guy who says
he used to work for Honey Almond.

APRIL
Hang up. It’s a trap.

Cherry nods. CLICKS her phone shut.

ROCK
Hello?
(beat)
Shit.

He redials.
Cherry’s phone RINGS again.
She answers it.

CHERRY
Hello?

ROCK
It’s me again, don’t hang up,
I want to HELP YOU.

CHERRY
Fuck you. You think we’re that STUPID?

ROCK
No, no, no -- I think you’re fucking BRILLIANT.
That’s why I want to work for you.

CHERRY
WHAT?

ROCK
Honey Almond is a fucking PSYCHO.
I’m SICK of working for her.
After you iced Shao and her girls,
she sent me to whack you,
but I know that’s impossible.
So now I’M dead --
(exhales)
I’m tired of being a bad guy.
I want to do something GOOD for a change.
I’ve got intel that’ll make your head spin.
I know you’re in a jam right now.
Let me help you.

CHERRY
How do I know you’re telling me the truth?

ROCK
What if I gave you Honey’s location?

CHERRY
Hold on a sec --
(cups the phone, to April)
He wants to defect, work for us.
Says he can give us Honey’s location.

APRIL
I dunno. Smells fishy --

CHERRY
Yeah, but if he doesn’t know we’re suspicious,
what do we have to lose?
Worse comes to worse, we clip him.

APRIL
Okay. Tell him to come get us. Alone.

CHERRY
(nods, into the phone)
You still there?

ROCK
Yeah. Are we cool?

CHERRY
Like ice.
We need you to come pick us up, ALONE.
You’re gonna need FBI credentials.

ROCK
No problem.
Also have CIA,
Homeland Security, NSA, Interpol --

CHERRY
Well, aren’t you the eager forger.
I’ll text you our coordinates,
and then get your ass over here, PRONTO.
GOT it?

ROCK
Got it. Thank you.
You won’t regret it.

CHERRY
Solid. But know this.
Any monkey business,
and it’s boom, boom, boom --
out go the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment