Monday, February 5, 2018

No Place To Run


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 14 of A DISH BEST KILLED, murderous lesbian personal trainer Jett Targo has to deal with an unwanted visitor -- Rush Madder, tweaked on an eight-day binge, now looking for a place to crash ...


EXT. JETT’S APARTMENT BUILDING - DAY
Jett pulls out her keys.
Opens her mailbox.

Sifts through the envelopes.
Unlocks, opens the front door.

MALE VOICE (O.C.)
Jett --

She WHIRLS around, sees --

RUSH MADDER
in the shadows of the front porch.

JETT
WHAT?
(beat)
Jesus fucking Christ,
you scared the shit out of me.

RUSH
Jett, please -- I need your help.

JETT
I asked you to stay away from me.
I’ll call the fucking cops
if you don’t leave, now.

RUSH
I’ve been -- up for eight days.
I need, need to -- need to crash.

JETT
EIGHT days?

RUSH
Please, Jett.
I just need to -- to crash for awhile.
Then I promise I’ll go. I promise.
(beat)
I need your help. Please.

JETT
Can’t you sleep in your car?

RUSH
In this neighborhood? In MY car?
(off her stare)
I’ll be good. I promise.
I just -- need to sleep.

Pause.

JETT
Goddammit.
(beat)
Give me your car keys.

RUSH
My -- keys?

JETT
Yeah. So you can’t rip me off
and split in the middle of the night.

RUSH
(weak smile, tosses his keys)
How big is your couch?


No comments:

Post a Comment