Friday, January 26, 2018

No Stalking On Sunday


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Friday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 13 of A DISH BEST KILLED, B-movie starlet Haven Crayce and her illicit lesbian lover Jett Targo make their final plans to kill her retired movie director husband Dart the next morning ...


EXT. THE SAFE HAVEN - REAR DECK - MORNING
Overcast and foggy.
A bit of a chill.
Wind FLAPS the sails.

Jett trains Haven on the deck.
They both look sad.

HAVEN
Funny. No Trimmer. No Nola.

JETT
No stalking on Sunday.
(beat)
What time is he
supposed to get here?

HAVEN
Any minute now.

JETT
These last three days
have been -- nice. Really nice.
It went by so fast.

HAVEN
Imagine what it’s going
to be like after he’s --

JETT
I know.
It’s all I can think about.

HAVEN
So when are we going to --

JETT
I don’t know.
Maybe we should
wait a little while.

HAVEN
I can’t wait.
I can’t stand it anymore, Jett.
I don’t wanna have to --
service him anymore.
I want this to be over with,
so we can be together.
(stops lifting)
We have to do it tonight.

JETT
Tonight?

HAVEN
Yeah. We’ve only known
each other a few days,
so no one will suspect
there’s anything going on.

JETT
That’s true.

HAVEN
(evil smile)
And besides, I’m doing
all the heavy lifting.
(sees something)
There’s the hospital van.
You better get going.

JETT
Okay. Good luck.
I’ll see you tomorrow morning.

HAVEN
I don’t think the grieving widow
should be weight training.
I’ll come see you.

JETT
You’re right.
(turns, eyes well up)
Okay, bye --

Jett hustles off down the
gangplank in the other direction.

PUSH IN ON Haven.
Looking to her right.
Concerned smile.

HAVEN
Dart, honey!
It’s so good to SEE you --


No comments:

Post a Comment