Thursday, March 30, 2017

World War Z


Happy Thursday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 16 of ZOMBIE & JULIET, Jool's uncle discovers to his horror that she's been infected with the zombie virus. Meanwhile, Rommy's parents learn that he's also been infected and is being ejected from the republic ...


INT. CARLING’S MANSION - OFFICE - DAY
A giant room. Stately. Elegant.
Walls full of books.

A roaring fireplace.
Right out of Masterpiece Theater.

Carling sits behind his desk.
Nin stands in front of him.

NIN
Still no word?

CARLING
No. And I’m worried sick.
My darling niece is MISSING.
I’ve got a whole squadron
out there looking for her.
Are you SURE you have
no idea where she went?

NIN
No, I’m sorry --

FOOTSTEPS in the next room.
They both turn, look -- see --

Jool stands in the doorway.
Clothes torn and dirty.

Face scratched and bloody.
Skin a dull green.

JOOL
I don’t feel so good.

PUSH IN ON Carling’s face. Freaked out.

CARLING
My god, you’re INFECTED.
Quick, Nin -- CALL THE DOCTOR.

INT. MONT RESIDENCE - KITCHEN - DAY
Orson sits at the kitchen table
with his wife CLIO (40’s), Rommy’s mother.

Attractive, bohemian in denim.
They both look haunted. Lost.
Clio pours more coffee in their cups.

CLIO
I just don’t understand why he’d --
run away like that.

ORSON
I bet it had something to do
with that Kapp girl.

CLIO
But didn’t you tell him
he couldn’t see her anymore?

ORSON
Yes, I did.
But you know young love --

CLIO
(sad smile)
I seem to have a dim memory of it --

The phone RINGS.
Orson gets up. Answers it.

ORSON
This is Orson --
(listens)
WHAT? But that’s IMPOSSIBLE --
(listens)
But that’s my SON.
You can’t just --
(listens)
Hello? Hello? HELLO?

He BANGS down the phone.
Clio starts shaking with fear.

ORSON (CONT’D)
He HUNG UP on me --

CLIO
Wh-what happened? Where’s Rommy?

ORSON
Rommy got infected.
He’s being ejected from the republic.

CLIO
Oh, NO. My BABY.

Clio SHRIEKS with horror.
Buries her face in her hands.
Starts sobbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment