Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Cat Scratch Fever


Happy Tuesday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 7 of RIDGEWAY, Cate tells Kayla on social media about her plan to drive across the country to be with her ... which thrills Kayla ...

INT. KAYLA’S APARTMENT - KITCHEN - NIGHT
Kayla sits at the kitchen table
in front of her computer.

A BIG FLUFFY ORANGE AND WHITE CAT
sits next to the mouse pad.

ON THE FLAT SCREEN
We see a Friendbook chat window.
A conversation scrolls down:

Cate:
And then I felt a huge weight lift.
I’ll just pack up the fucking car
and drive -- to YOU.

Kayla:
This is incredible.
I’m so excited.

INT. CATE’S APARTMENT - NIGHT
Cate sits at her work station
typing on her laptop.

ON HER SCREEN

Cate:
When Roberta suggested it,
I felt this big weight
lift off my shoulders.

Kayla:
What are you gonna do
about all your stuff?

Cate:
Roberta’s gonna let me
store my books and movies
in her garage. I’m throwing
away everything else.
As George Carlin said,
‘It’s just stuff.’

Kayla:
I’m can’t believe
this is happening.
It’s a like a
dream come true.

CATE
Lights a smoke.
Smiles. Starts typing.

Cate:
The long nightmare is over.
And I’m bringing an ounce
of primo weed from Surfer Tom.

Kayla:
Wow. BIG love.

Cate:
BIGGER love, baby.

KAYLA
Smiles. Starts to type, but
the cat sits on her hand.

She tries to gently move it,
but it CLAWS at her,
drawing blood.

KAYLA
OW.

No comments:

Post a Comment