Friday, April 1, 2016

School Daze


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Friday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 30 of FRANKENSTEIN IN LOVE, Frankie desperately searches for Shayla, but then gets a call from Vita telling him that the cops are in the principal's office looking for him ...


INT. SCHOOL CLASSROOM - DAY
A room full of STUDENTS
sitting behind their desks.

They murmur to each other.
CAMERA finds Vita.
Freaking out.

VITA
(raises her hand)
May I be excused, please?

INT. SCHOOL CORRIDOR - DAY
Vita hurries down the hall.
Pulls out her cell phone.

Passes the Principal’s office.
Stops. Looks in the window.

VITA
(whispers)
Cops? Shit.

She continues walking.
PUNCHES a number. Listens.

INTERCUT WITH:

EXT. OHIO BURGER KITCHEN - BACK ALLEY - DAY
Frankie walks through the alley,
searching for Shayla.

FRANKIE
SHAYLA, where are you? Come BACK.
I’m SORRY you don’t feel well,
I should have listened to you --

His phone RINGS.
He pulls it out. Listens.

FRANKIE
Hello?

VITA
Frankie, it’s Vita.
We got trouble.
The cops are in
the principal’s office.
They want to see you.

FRANKIE
I can’t talk right now --

VITA
What are we gonna do?

FRANKIE
WE?
What do you mean WE?

VITA
But I thought we were --

FRANKIE
I said I CAN’T TALK NOW.
Shayla’s MISSING and
I’ve got FIND HER --

He hangs up.
Continues down the alley.

Vita stares at the phone.
Incensed. Heartbroken.
Starts MARCHING down the hall.

VITA
You just crossed the
WRONG chick, boy wonder --

INT. PRINCIPAL’S OFFICE - DAY
Vita stands at the door.
KNOCK-KNOCKS.

Principal Bacon’s
SURLY OLD SECRETARY (70’s) opens it.

SURLY OLD SECRETARY
I’m sorry.
The Principal is in a meeting.

VITA
I know.
Tell him I’ve got some
information about Frankie Stein.

PUSH IN ON Surly’s face.
Eyes flashing.

SURLY OLD SECRETARY
Get your ass in here --

No comments:

Post a Comment