Monday, April 18, 2016

Death Wish


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 41 of FRANKENSTEIN IN LOVE, it's a clusterfuck of epic proportions when Shayla's ex-boyfriend Willis, her parents, the cops the media and a band of vigilantes have a stand off at the motel where Frankie and Shayla are holed up ...

EXT. MOTEL PARKING LOT - NIGHT
Chet and Beck look at each other.
Her eyes flash a question. He nods.

She walks over to the van.
Turns on a flashlight.

CHET
What are you doing here?

WILLIS
This is where Shayla and I last --
(embarrassed)
You know.

BECK
(flashes light in the window)
Holy SHIT.
(to Chet)
Josh Bohner is in the back, dead.

CHET
(to Willis)
Wait right here.

He walks over to the car.
Shines a light in the window.

BECK
Looks like someone’s
developed a taste for blood.

CHET
You mean -- like a vampire?

BECK
Sort of. I’m guessing that whatever
reanimated her started to wear off,
so she needed fresh blood. So to speak --

Obese Mexican Clerk waddles over to them.

OBESE MEXICAN CLERK
What’s the problem, officer?

CHET
I need to know what room
Frankie Stein is in.

OBESE MEXICAN CLERK
Number five.
It’s the only room that’s taken.
What did he do?

BECK
Are you fucking KIDDING me?
Don’t you watch the news?

OBESE MEXICAN CLERK
Nah. Ees too depressing.

Just then a CONVOY of
CARS AND TRUCKS roars into the lot.

The VIGILANTES start piling out.
They carry shotguns and torches.
They march over to Chet, Beck and Obese.

BRUB
We’ll take it from here, Chet.

CHET
Stand down, Brub.
I don’t cotton to no mob scene
vigilantes on my watch.

Brub raises his shotgun.
Takes aim at Chet.

BRUB
I’ve come to get my daughter,
so get the FUCK outta my way.

Chet WHIPS OUT his service revolver.
Aims it at Brub.

CHET
Put the gun down, Brub.
You’re not acting rationally.

The Vigilantes raise their weapons.
Take aim.

BRUB
I’m afraid we’ve got you
outnumbered, Barney Fife.

BECK
Listen to me.
You can’t go in there shooting.
Shayla’s not dead --

BRUB
Who the fuck are YOU?

BECK
I’m a government agent with the CDC.

BRUB
What do you mean she’s not dead?

BECK
Frankie Stein brought her back to life.

BRUB
Yeah, right. And I’m Freddy Krueger.

AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT
Del Dunn sits in her news van.
Talking on her cell phone.

DEL
That’s right. Frankie and Shayla
are holed up in a room at the Camelot Motel.
(listens)
I dunno. The vigilantes outnumber the cops --

No comments:

Post a Comment