Monday, October 19, 2015

From Brassiere To Eternity


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 31 of THE DISH, while B-movie starlet Haven Crayce stalls sheriff's deputy Trimmer Waltz from making love with her, Jett and Rush get ready to break into the houseboat and kill Trimmer ...


EXT. MARINA DOCK - NIGHT
Jett and Rush appear,
both rakish in black.

They approach the Safe Haven.
Look at Trimmer’s Sheriff’s
patrol boat anchored next to it.

Jett is amped.
Eyes flashing.

JETT
That’s his boat.
(beat)
You go stay in the car,
keep a lookout.

RUSH
What do I do if someone comes?

JETT
Call me.
And stop them.

RUSH
Cool.
(pulls out a vial)
Wanna bump?

She nods. Takes it.
Unscrews the cap.

Under it, a tiny spoon.
She shovels out a hit, SNORTS it.
Then, another.

PUSH IN ON Jett.
Ready to go.

JETT
Places, please.

INT. THE SAFE HAVEN - MASTER BEDROOM - AT THAT MOMENT
Our star-crossed lovers are in bed.
Trimmer lies next to Haven.

Stroking her hair.
Haven pulls away. Pouts.

HAVEN
I’m not in the mood.

TRIMMER
Not in the MOOD?

HAVEN
I -- have a headache.

TRIMMER
Bullshit.

HAVEN
From all the stress.
The cops, the insurance people,
my lawyer --

Like a cat, Trimmer
moves on top of her.

TRIMMER
But its a great stress-reliever --

HAVEN
Trimmer, no -- I don’t want to --

TRIMMER
(pins her wrists down)
Who the fuck asked YOU?

HAVEN
Trimmer, don’t! Stop it!
You’re hurting me!

JETT (O.C.)
Get the fuck off
of her, asshole --
and put your dick
back in your pants.

JETT
walks into the room.
Pointing her REVOLVER at Trimmer.

JETT
(wild-eyed)
DO IT. NOW.

TRIMMER
(whirls around, sees her)
YOU?

JETT
Deputy.
Funny seeing you here.
Come here often?

Trimmer jumps out of bed.
Stands. Puffs out his chest.

TRIMMER
You can’t shoot me.
I’m a cop.

JETT
You’re confusing me with
someone who gives a shit.

TRIMMER
(walks toward Jett)
Give me the gun.

Jett fires. BANG. BANG. BANG.
A trio of rose petals bloom
on Trimmer’s wife beater.
He looks down, in shock.

TRIMMER
You fucking SHOT me --

No comments:

Post a Comment