Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Burial At Sea


Happy Tuesday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 32 of THE DISH, after Jett shoots and kills Trimmer, Haven is shocked to meet Rush, who Jett never told her about, but then Jett explains that Rush is going to help her get rid of Trimmer's body ... in the ocean.


INT. HOUSEBOAT - MAIN GALLEY - NIGHT
Jett fires. BANG. BANG. BANG.

A trio of rose petals bloom
on Trimmer’s wife beater.
He looks down, in shock.

TRIMMER
You fucking SHOT me.

He staggers.
GRABS onto the side table.

JETT
Well, whaddaya know.

Haven LEAPS out of bed.
Goes to Jett.
Gets behind her.

HAVEN
DIE, you fucking creep! DIE.

Trimmer slumps to the floor.
Pulls out his cell phone.

TRIMMER
Gotta -- call -- this in --

Jett FIRES again.
BANG. BANG. BANG.

Trimmer’s head hits
the wall with a THUD.

Lights out.
Blood pools in the carpet.

JETT
You’ve been suspended
from duty, officer.

She looks at Haven.
Bursts into WILD LAUGHTER.

HAVEN
You did it!

JETT
And it felt so GOOD.

Rush comes in.
Out of breath.

RUSH
(to Jett)
I heard the shots.
Is he -- you know.

HAVEN
Who are the fuck are YOU?
(to Jett)
Do you know this guy?

JETT
(to Rush)
I told you to stay in the car.
(to Haven)
It’s okay, he’s cool.
An old friend of mine
from back home.

RUSH
Hey.
(holds his crotch)
Can I use the head?
I gotta take a wicked piss.

HAVEN
Down the hall,
second door on your left.

Rush ambles away.

HAVEN
Jett?

JETT
It’s a long story.
Rush and I go way back.
He came to visit, and
I can’t get rid of him.
He followed me
the night we -- you know,
so now he wants in.
Wants a cut for keeping quiet.
I didn’t tell you because
I didn’t want you to --

HAVEN
You offered him a
CUT OF THE FUCKING MONEY?

JETT
No, of course not.
I just need his help with --
(points at Trimmer’s body)
This thing, and --
(whispers)
Then I’ll -- take care of him.

HAVEN
Goddammit, Jett.
(beat)
What can I do?

JETT
(looks at Trimmer)
Give me his uniform.

HAVEN
His uniform?
Why do you want to --

PUSH IN ON Jett.
Unbuckling her belt.

JETT
Burial at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment