Monday, October 20, 2014

Lights Out


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 35 of BLUE HOTEL, Bernie and Danette start to wonder where Kenny is and decide to start looking for him, not know he's been kileed. Meanwhile, Beggar -- rushing on E -- get a little too 'up close and personal' with Holly and makes the deadly mistake of going a little too far with her under the sheets ...


INT. DANETTE AND BERNIE’S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT
Danette CLICKS the phone shut.
Looks at Bernie.

DANETTE
Voice mail again.
(beat)
I have a bad feeling about this.
Let’s go outside and snoop around.

BERNIE
Maybe he went home and crashed.

DANETTE
Never happen.
The kid LOVES being a cop,
believes in the sacred oath
of protecting citizens.

BERNIE
I have a dim memory of that.

She shrugs into her slacks.
on her jacket.

DANETTE
Just when I thought maybe
we could go for round two --

BERNIE
(getting dressed)
So the ice is thawing a bit --

DANETTE
Well, it IS ninety-five degrees.
Gives a gal ideas.

BERNIE
Well, why do you think
they call it 'in heat?'

INT. ALONA’S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - AT THAT MOMENT
The lush, bluesy wail of Morphine’s
CANDY oozes it’s decadent moan
on the stereo over --

Beggar.
Lying on top of Holly.

Delirious from the ecstasy,
he’s caressing her slowly,
kissing her neck, her shoulders,
then down to her breasts.

Holly suddenly tenses up.

HOLLY
No, please -- don’t.
Not my --

BEGGAR
Ah, c’mon, honey.
You know you want it.
Go with the flow.

HOLLY
No, please -- get off me --

BEGGAR
I know it feels good --
I hear you moaning.

HOLLY
No -- not my -- my breast -- NO.

But he puts her nipple
in his mouth and starts SUCKING.

A hand reaches down to her crotch.
Starts exploring.

HOLLY
I said NO!

Holly reaches over,
GRABS the table lamp.
The shade FLIES off.

She CRACKS it over Beggar’s head,
KNOCKING him sideways.

BEGGAR
OW!

She JAMS the lamp into his eye,
lightbulb first.

A sickening CRUNCH.

He FLIES backwards against the bed.
His head CRACKS against the wall, THUNK.

Holly stands, takes aim, and
KICKS the lamp all the way
through his head, THWUCK.

The cord SPARKS. Fizzles.

HOLLY
Lights out, ASSHOLE.

Holly looks at him, wide-eyed.
A strange smile on her face,
rocking back and forth on the bed.

Whispers --

HOLLY
I said -- no.

Alona walks in the room,
blood on her hands.

Sees Beggar.
drops open.
RUSHES OVER to the bed.

ALONA
Holly?
What, what -- what HAPPENED?

HOLLY
I said no, and he --
wouldn’t stop.

ALONA
Ohmigod, Holly --
you shouldn’t have DONE that.
(beat)
Now we’ve got three bodies.

HOLLY
(quietly)
Are you mad at me?
Please don’t be mad at me.
(off her stare)
He started --
putting his fingers inside me.

Alona sighs.
Looks at Beggar’s body.
Shivers.

ALONA
Bastard didn’t know
who he was messing with.

HOLLY
(scary quiet)
When a woman says no,
it means NO.

PUSH IN ON Alona’s face.
Scared to death.

ALONA
Remind me not to piss you off --

No comments:

Post a Comment