Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Double Barreled


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Hump Day. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 23 of AFTERHOURS, bad cop Danny Peel and Oscar-winning screenwriter Casey Montana get up close and personal after Casey makes a big confession ...


INT. AFTER HOURS CLUB - DAWN
Casey Walks over to Danny.

CASEY
You meant that?

DANNY
What?

CASEY
Permission to tell your story.

DANNY
Yeah.

Angel nudges Sky.
Points at Vin’s body.

They nod. Get up, pick him up
and carry him out of the room.

MIA
(softly)
I’ll go make us some drinks.

Bettie and Easy follow
her to the bar.

Danny watches them out of
the corner of his eye.

CASEY
Wilshire Boulevard’s a true story.

DANNY
No shit?

CASEY
(nods)
I’m Jenny.

DANNY
But you said you liked to fuck girls.

CASEY
Doesn’t mean I don’t like to fuck guys.

DANNY
Thank heaven for small miracles.

CASEY
That’s why I haven’t been able to write.

DANNY
Why don’t you just find another true story?

CASEY
I tried, but it didn’t work.
The story’s gotta happen to me.
(beat)
Watching my boyfriend kill my parents
and my brother really --
(beat)
So I wrote about it.
It was the only way I could let go.
(whispers)
But I haven’t been able to have sex.

DANNY
Really.

CASEY
Yeah.
(beat)
But now --

DANNY
You’ve been waiting for another
triple homicide to come along?

CASY
More like -- waiting for a muse.

DANNY
I inspire you?

CASEY
Scary, huh?

DANNY
Boo.

CASEY
Gonna huff and puff?

DANNY
Blow your house down.

They GRAB each other.
Start going at it, hot and heavy.

Angel and Sky come back in,
see what they’re doing.

Go to the bar.
Join the others.
Whisper to each other.

Danny pulls Casey over to the banquet
so they won’t be seen.

Lays her down.
Kisses her neck.

Pulls his sawed-off out
from his waistband.
Points it at her crotch.

DANNY
Ever had both barrels?

CASEY
Go ahead.
(beat)
Fill me with buckshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment