Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Me Kill You Long Time



Hey there, crime kids. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 19 of NOWHERE GIRLS, secret agent Cherry Nation gives her sister-spook April Street a hard time for asking her help from her ex, FBI agent Simon Cain. Meanwhile, evil criminal mastermind Honey Almond sends yet another assassin after the girls ...


INT. SERGE’S MOTOR HOME - AT THAT MOMENT
Serge and Cherry survey the damage.
Cherry points to the communication center,
now riddled with bullet holes.

CHERRY
We’re FUCKED. No more intel.

SERGE
It’s not a total loss.
I still have my laptop.

April comes out of the bathroom.
Walks over to them.

APRIL
Simon’s on his way.

CHERRY
The Black Widow scores again.

APRIL
Excuse me?

CHERRY
Well, didn’t you dump HIM?
And now he’s racing to the rescue?

APRIL
Cherry, they have your CHILDREN.
And in case you didn’t notice,
we were almost just KILLED.
We’re the most wanted
women on THE PLANET,
and there’s nothing WRONG
about asking for HELP.

CHERRY
You’re right, I’m sorry.
I guess I’m a little -- stressed.

SERGE
(to Cherry)
It’s human nature to go
to ex-lover for help.
It’s comfortable. Familiar.
(to April)
So while we wait for your friend,
we need to move to another location.
And you two need to transfer the intel
on the hard drive onto my laptop.

APRIL
Are you always so CALM?

SERGE
(shrugs)
I’m French --

INT. HONEY’S UNDERGROUND LAIR - COMMAND CENTER - NIGHT
Honey walks by a row of OPERATIVES
at their work stations,
monitoring intel on their computer screens.

HONEY
(to Nerdy Junior Op)
What do you mean you’ve
LOST CONTACT, Monsterburg?

MONSTERBURG
Bugs doesn’t answer.
Neither does The Bagger.
Complete radio silence.

HONEY
Well, maybe they’re in
the middle of a GUNFIGHT?
Ever thought of THAT?

MONSTERBURG
Yes, Sir.
But I’ve been trying
for over an hour,
and according to my statistics,
the average gun battle lasts
for ten-point-two minutes.
(gulps)
I’m afraid they’ve been terminated, Sir.

HONEY
GODDAMMIT.

She pulls a GLOCK from under her jacket.
Points it at him.

HONEY (CONT’D)
Terminate THIS.

His eyes bug out.
About to faint.

ROCK
Honey, please.
We’re short enough on
man power as it is.

Honey lowers the gun.
Holsters it.

HONEY
(mumbles)
Yeah. I got an email
from HR about that --

ROCK
I think we should send in
another operative.

HONEY
No shit, IDIOT. I’m THINKING.

ROCK
Perhaps we could send -- Shao Lin?

HONEY
Shao Lin? Interesting choice.
Mixed martial arts expert.
Advanced marksman --

ROCK
She finished that op
at the brothel in DC.
Now taking a breather in --
(swipes his I-phone)
Universal City.
Guess she’s doing
the studio tour thing.
(smiles)
She’s right nearby.

HONEY
BRILLIANT. And she still
has the two assistants?

ROCK
Always.
(looks at phone)
Uh -- they’re now incognito
as part of a tour group
of Japanese students,
but they can be deployed immediately.

HONEY
Call her, IMMEDIATELY.
(smiles)
'Death by sweet and sour.'
Has a nice ring to it.

ROCK
(smiles)
Me kill you long time --

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I love the aftermath in the RV... Serge is so "cucumber cool"... he shrugs off with a certain Gallic aplomb... "eh! I am French!" Lol!!

    Great scene at Honey's HQ! Yeah, she needs to take it easy with the Glock... she's gonna find herself all alone if she keeps killing people who "disappoint her! Haha!!

    I like this little "interlude" here.... a little calm before the next storm...

    I'm catching up with you... I think! Lol!!

    XOXOXO <3

    ReplyDelete