Monday, March 1, 2010

Your Vice Is My Command

Looking for some cheap, sleazy thrills? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and need to vent? Then get your ass over to the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

Onto today's chapter from BLOOD GETS IN YOUR EYES, where the going gets tough ... and tough get going.

When we last saw hooker Alona Tal, boozy screenwriter Holly Land and drug dealer Beggar Leck, Alona had gone off to get a hack saw so they could start cutting up the dead bodies in her hotel room ...


EXT. STARLIGHT HOTEL - SIDE ALLEY - NIGHT
CRIME SCENE TECHS swarm over the scene.
Gill’s body is carried away on a gurney.
Kenny stands on the boardwalk, off in the distance.
Keeping onlookers away.

Danette and Bernie stand next to the fence post,
dark with dried blood. Inspecting the scene.

DANETTE
A stakeout? More like a hook-up --

BERNIE
No, listen.
I think you’re right,
the murders are connected,
and the killer is in the hotel --
it might even be that young girl, Holly.
So we get a room and stake it out.

DANETTE
Kill two birds with one stone.

BERNIE
So to speak.

Danette reaches over.
Gently touches the tip of the spike.

DANETTE
Freud would have a field day with this, don’tcha think?

INT. ALONA’S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - AT THAT MOMENT
Alona comes in the room. Quietly shuts the door.
Looks at Beggar and Holly sitting on the couch, sharing a joint.
Holds up the hack saw.

ALONA
Ta-daaa --

BEGGAR
Look at the size of THAT.
Good job, babe.

ALONA
Thanks, but I’ve got some bad news.
Gill fell off the roof,
or he jumped, I don’t know --
but he’s dead in the alley,
and now the joint’s swarming with cops.

BEGGAR
Fuck.

HOLLY
Holy shit.

ALONA
Tell me about it.
(beat)
So we gotta take care of Oscar and Lief, fast.
I say we take turns.
Who wants to go first?

They both stare at her.

HOLLY
How about Beggar?
He’s a GUY.

BEGGAR
How about Holly?
She’s the KILLER.

HOLLY
Shut up.

ALONA
(sighs)
Okay, okay -- I’ll go first.
(beat)
Gimmee a hit of that joint.
I’m gonna have to be REALLY fucking buzzed
to start cutting up a dead body.

BEGGAR
Wait a minute.
I just remembered something.
I’ve got uncut ecstacy in the car.
THAT can make the job go MUCH better.

HOLLY
Uncut? But I thought it came in a pill.

BEGGAR
The pills are bullshit,
there’s all kinds of other shit in them.
Back in the day,
you bought E by the gram,
pure powder, baby.
Snort it, lick it,
pour some in your cocktail --
(wistful)
Those were the days.
Couldn’t believe I could still find it.

ALONA
How much do you have?

BEGGAR
Ten grams.

ALONA
So go down and get it.

BEGGAR
Your vice is my command.

He gets up. Goes to the door.

ALONA
Be careful.
There’s cops all over the place.

BEGGAR
Don’t worry.
I’m just your average tourist insomniac,
going out to the car for a pack of smokes.

PUSH IN ON Alona’s face. Amused.

ALONA
If you’re an 'average tourist,'
then I’m Taylor Swift.

1 comment: