Monday, June 4, 2012

Fucked



Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 16 of BLUE HOTEL, hipster hooker Alona Tal reveals to her client, school teacher Gill Sherry about the dead agent Oscar Goldman's body hidden under her bed, and that she needs money to pay the 'friends' who are on their way over to 'take care of it.' Meanwhile, boozy screenwriter Holly Land, Oscar's killer, has cocktails with his assistant Feo, who's looking for him ...


INT. ALONA’S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT
Alona and Gill lie in her bed, making love, Alona on top.
They both reach an earth-shattering orgasm.
Clench each other for dear life. Stop. Silence.

Alona reaches for her smokes.
Lights one up.

Blows a lazy smoke ring.
Gill closes his eyes. Sighs.

GILL
You send me, my angel --
(opens them)
I think I hurt my back.
What you got under the bed?
A suitcase?

Alona picks up her cup of vodka.
Takes a big hit.

ALONA
That’s Oscar.

GILL
Oscar? I don’t -- understand.

ALONA
Another -- client.
(off his stare)
Earlier tonight, things got a little rough --
Holly thought I was in danger --
and she came in and --
(beat)
Stabbed him.

GILL
What the FUCK? There’s a --
(looks down)
Dead body under the bed?

ALONA
Surprise.

GILL
We have to call the police.

ALONA
No. No cops.

GILL
But what are you going to --

ALONA
GILL. Be quiet, listen to me.
Some people are on their way here to --
take care of it.
(beat)
Problem is, they’re expensive.
I need your help.

Pause.

GILL
H-how much?

ALONA
Five grand. We’ve got almost a third.
Beggar and Holly are out getting more --
don’t ask -- and I thought maybe --
(beat)
You could go to a cash machine?

GILL
Jesus Christ, Alona -- a DEAD BODY?

ALONA
You say you love me?
Now’s the time to prove it.
I need your help, Gill --

GILL
(head spinning)
Okay, okay -- yeah, sure -- I, I, --
(thinks)
But I can only take out
five-hundred at a time --

ALONA
Yeah, but that plus the three-hundred
you gave me makes a nice dent.

GILL
Can I stay here with you?
Until -- they get here?

ALONA
I’m not sure when Beggar’ll be back.
You know how he is.

Gill gets up.
Starts putting his jeans on.
Scared. Angry.

GILL
Yeah, I get it.
Beggars CAN be choosers --

INT. THE STARLIGHT LOUNGE - AT THAT MOMENT
The joint is deserted, except for Holly and Feo,
with fresh cocktails.

The BARTENDER cleans glasses,
watches some old movie on the TV above the bar.

HOLLY
That’s gotta be exciting,
working for an agent.

FEO
It was at first, but living on
four-hundred bucks a week gets old fast.

HOLLY
I’m writing a screenplay --

FEO
Everyone and their sister is --
(catches himself)
That’s -- great. What’s it about?

Feo’s BlackBerry RINGS.

FEO
Hold that thought.
(answers)
This is Feo --
(eyes wide)
Uh, not yet. He’s -- in a meeting.
(listens)
I know it’s late --
(beat)
I’ve got the script with me.
I’m gonna give it to him
as soon as he’s done.
(beat)
I’ll call you.
(CLICKS the phone shut)
Shit.

HOLLY
What’s wrong?

FEO
My boss is missing --
(low)
He was meeting a hooker at this hotel,
but no one’s seen him.
It’s like he -- disappeared.

Holly flinches. Tries to act casual.

HOLLY
W-what’s he -- look like?
Maybe I’ve -- seen him.

FEO
He’s tall. Bald, with a big gut.
Goatee. Decent-looking.
(low)
And really kinky.
Into, you know -- rough stuff.

HOLLY
(averts her eyes)
I haven’t seen him. Sorry --

FEO
Yeah, well --
(sips his drink)
I’ve got this script Oscar’s
supposed to read tonight.
Scarlet Stone wants to star in it.
(beat)
I am SO fucked.

HOLLY
Oscar?

FEO
That’s his name -- Oscar. Oscar Goldman.

She gulps her drink. Freaking out.

HOLLY
Nice -- name.

FEO
What a weird night. Oscar disappears,
then the robbery at the liquor store --
(beat)
And then I meet you.

He takes a sip of his drink.
Stares at her. A lightbulb POPS.

FEO
Wait a minute.
I thought you looked familiar --

UNDER THE BAR
Holly pulls the gun out of her purse.

HOLLY
Smiles strangely.

HOLLY
Familiar? How?

FEO
The video of the liquor store on AMZ --

HOLLY
JAMS the gun in his crotch. HARD.

FEO
Winces in pain.

FEO
OW. What the --

HOLLY
(sharp whisper)
It’s a gun.
And I’ll use it if you
don’t shut the fuck up.
Pay the bartender,
and then we’re going up to my room.

FEO
Please don’t shoot.
Can’t we -- talk about this?

PUSH IN ON Holly’s face.
Blinking back frightened tears.

HOLLY
(low, throaty)
Do what I say,
or I’ll blow your fucking nuts off.
I’ve already killed two people tonight,
I’m really drunk,
and I’m not in the fucking MOOD --

No comments:

Post a Comment