Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hit And Run Holiday


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Hump Day. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 28 of GUN-WILD, bank robbery fugitives Cam Clinch and Rod Funk check into an adult motel to hide out and figure out their next move. Meanwhile, robbery-homicide detectives Bobby Teen and Taya Ralls interview Cam's father's chauffeur, who reveals the deep, dark secrets about Cam's sordid past ...


EXT. ADULT MOTEL - NIGHT
A shitty, run-down joint with bars on the windows
next to a vacant lot.

The sign reads THE STARLET. FREE HBO.
The VW van pulls into the parking lot. Stops.

IN THE VAN
Rod turns, looks at Cam.

ROD
Cam, baby.
We’ve been through a lot of shit today.
We’re both exhausted. Strung out.

CAM
Yeah.

ROD
I really care about you.
And I’m sorry about
what happened with -- you know.

CAM
DON’T say it.

ROD
It’s okay. I won’t.
(beat)
Let’s just chill out,
have a couple of drinks, watch a movie,
and get some sleep. How does that sound?

CAM
(a whisper)
That would -- be nice.

ROD
And I won’t try anything. Promise.
(beat)
Okay?

Cam looks at him.
Her lip quivers.
Tears glimmer in her eyes.

CAM
Okay.

She leans over.
Puts her arms around him.

CAM
I could -- almost love you.

EXT. CLINCH ESTATE - AERIAL SHOT - NIGHT
An enormous complex of buildings
behind high stone walls
on 'the exclusive side' of Bel Air.

EXT. CLINCH ESTATE - GARAGE - NIGHT
More like a hangar, really.
Dozens of top-shelf sport cars
and luxury sedans from around the world.
And enough classics to make Jay Leno hard.

RAOUL LUNA (50’s), chauffeur,
polishes a Rolls Royce hood.

Slim and elegant.
World-weary, with a bit of a lisp.

RAOUL
I thought those friends of hers
looked a little -- rough.

Bobby and Taya stand nearby,
listening. Taking notes.

BOBBY
Did she say where she was going?

RAOUL
Not specifically.
Just ‘up the coast’ somewhere.
I had no idea should would
get into any -- trouble.

TAYA
Has she ever been hospitalized for --
psychological reasons?

Pause.

RAOUL
May I speak off the record?

BOBBY
Certainly.

Bobby and Taya put their notebooks away.

RAOUL
I’m going to tell you this
because I love Cameron.
She and I became close over the years.
She confided in me.
I came to think of her
like a daughter.
(beat)
Cameron had a --
troubled relationship with her father.

TAYA
Did they argue alot?

RAOUL
That’s one word for it.
(beat)
You didn’t hear this from me.
I would lose my job. It could be --
(looks around)
Very dangerous.

BOBBY
Go on --

RAOUL
Cameron’s father had --
sexual relations with her.
She was so ashamed.
(beat)
When she confided in me about it,
I was horrified.
But what could I do?
He’s one of the most
powerful men in the world.

TAYA
Was she ever -- violent?

RAOUL
She had -- anger management issues.
Last year she had a -- nervous breakdown.

BOBBY
And she was hospitalized?

RAOUL
Unfortunately, yes. It broke my heart.
(smiles)
I was so happy to find out she was out.

BOBBY
She was released?

RAOUL
Not exactly --

TAYA
She ESCAPED?

RAOUL
Cameron is a free spirit.
She’s hard to control.
But she seemed fine when I saw her.
She was the old Cameron, happy.
And she was going on a
vacation trip with friends.

BOBBY
More like a hit and run holiday.

RAOUL
If there’s anything I can do to help,
please let me know.

BOBBY
You said her parents are out of town?

RAOUL
Yes. They’ve been in Switzerland.
But after I spoke with you on the phone,
I received a call from Mr. Clinch.

TAYA
The police called him.

RAOUL
(nods)
They’re on a plane right now.

BOBBY
What time do you expect them?

RAOUL
Tomorrow morning, bright and early.

BOBBY
Let me guess.
Then the shit’s gonna hit the fan.

RAOUL
Try World War Three --

2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda hoping Cam blows the bastard away... that is fucking sick! No wonder that girl is fucked up so bad!

    Wow! Got me a little worked up here! Gotta remember... it's just a story... great writing, by the way. :)

    Well, it sounds like things are about to come to a head with Daddy dearest returning...

    Hmmmm....

    xoxoxoxoxo <3 <3 <3

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me. When Cam gets revenge on her dear poppa, it's a thing of brutal beauty ... !

    xoxoxo

    <3

    ReplyDelete