Thursday, December 15, 2011

Always A Bridesmaid



Happy Thursday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 9 of LITTLE GIRL BLUE, white slave trafficker Tolly's goons have captured Blue Wonder, who's now been tied up and sedated. Meanwhile, private eye Carrie Love changes clothes with a passed-out party girl in the pool cabana, and infiltrates the party to try and find Blue ...


EXT. TOLLY'S ESTATE - BACK YARD - NIGHT
A gorgeous, Olympic-sized pool lit from underneath.
Jutting out into the sky.

A row of cabanas sit at one end,
facing the view.

One of them has the curtains drawn.
Light spilling out.

Carrie approaches the cabana.
Carefully peers in.

A GOATEED HIPSTER lies next to a
GORGEOUS STARLET on a chaise.
She’s very drunk. Pushing him away.

GORGEOUS STARLET
I said NO, Josh.
I don’t feel so good.

JOSH
You’ve been coming on
to me all night.
(hands her a cocktail)
C’mon. Have another sip.
You’ll feel better.

GORGEOUS STARLET
NO MORE. I’ve had -- too much.

He smiles. Starts pulling up
the hemline of her minidress.

JOSH
C’mon, you know you want it.

GORGEOUS STARLET
NO, stop it -- I said NO.

CARRIE
The woman said NO.

He turns to look.
Carrie DASHES over.

Grabs him by the arm.
YANKS him off her.
He gets up. Livid. Weaving.

JOSH
Fucking bitch.
Mind your own business.
(assumes fighting stance)
Prepare to DIE.

CARRIE
You wanna fight?

She PUNCHES him the jaw, BANG.
He hits the ground, THWUMP.

CARRIE
Boom, boom, boom --
out go the lights.
(looks at the woman)
You okay?
The woman smiles at him.
Her eyes say ‘thank you.’

She passes out.
Carrie takes off her jacket.

INT. MANSION - STUDY - CONTINUOUS
Blue sits in a chair.
Blindfolded. Gagged.

Wrists and feet tied.
Wearing an electronic ankle cuff.

Porkpie sits in a chair
across the room, smoking.
Watching her.

His cell RINGS.
He answers it.

PORKPIE
Hey, boss. I got the girl.
She’s with me.
(low)
She tried to split.
I had to --

INTERCUT WITH:

TOLLY
Outside on the patio.
Searching for Carrie.

TOLLY
Good. Keep her there.
And don’t tell anyone,
not even my father.

PORKPIE
Okay, but --

TOLLY
Shut up and listen to me.
There was a private detective
at the club tonight,
and she followed us here.
I almost had her,
but she got away.
We gotta find her.
I think she’s onto us.

PORKPIE
You want me to stay here
with the girl?

TOLLY
No, I need you to help me look.
Make sure she’s restrained,
and give her something
to sleep for awhile.
We’ll deal with her later.

PORKPIE
Gotcha.

TOLLY
We’re out here in the back.
I need you and a couple of men
to check out the pool area. Got it?

PORKPIE
I’m on top of it, chief.

He hangs up.
Takes a syringe out of his pocket.

Walks over to Blue.
Looks at her fondly.

PORKPIE
This won’t hurt a bit --

EXT. POOL AREA - CABANA - AT THAT MOMENT
Carrie leaves the cabana,
now dressed in the drunk girl’s minidress.

Her hair is up,
and she’s put on some makeup.

She ‘cleans up’ nicely.
She starts walking toward the party.

CARRIE
Always a bridesmaid --

Porkpie and another GOON walk by.
They give her the eye.

TALL GOON
Check out the gams on that one.

PORKPIE
Down, boy. We gotta filly to find.

1 comment:

  1. God... I LOVE watching Carrie in action!!

    This is a great scene, sweetie! Something about watching a girl deck some asshole... woo hoo!

    Lol!!

    xoxoxox <3 <3 <3

    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete