Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Beggars Can't Be Choosers

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday, will they hang a noose on you? Welcome back, crime fiends, to the coolest joint in cyberspace, where the chicks are hot, the cocktails are strong, and the hardboiled pulp is brutal ... at That Killing Feeling.

Onto today's joint from BLOOD GETS IN YOUR EYES ...

When we last left hooker Alona Tal, she was tricking with prep school teacher Gill Sherry in her sleazy motel room, as she needs to raise five grand to pay for 'dead body removal' of the stiff under her bed. Problem is, Gill discovers the body, and things take a turn for the worse ...


INT. ALONA’S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT
Alona and Gill lie in her bed, making love, Alona on top.
They both reach an earth-shattering orgasm.
Clench each other for dear life. Stop. Silence.

Alona reaches for her smokes. Lights one up.
Blows a lazy smoke ring. Gill closes his eyes. Sighs.

GILL
You send me, my angel --
(opens them)
I think I hurt my back.
What you got under the bed?
A suitcase?

Alona picks up her cup of vodka.
Takes a big hit.

ALONA
That’s Oscar.

GILL
Oscar? I don’t -- understand.

ALONA
Another -- client.
(off his stare)
Earlier tonight, things got a little rough --
Holly thought I was in danger --
and she came in and --
(beat)
Stabbed him.

GILL
What the FUCK? There’s a --
(looks down)
Dead body under the bed?

ALONA
Surprise.

GILL
We have to call the police.

ALONA
No. No cops.

GILL
But what are you going to --

ALONA
GILL. Be quiet, listen to me.
Some people are on their way here to --
take care of it.
(beat)
Problem is, they’re expensive.
I need your help.

Pause.

GILL
H-how much?

ALONA
Five grand.
We’ve got almost a third.
Beggar and Holly are out getting more --
don’t ask --
and I thought maybe --
(beat)
You could go to a cash machine?

GILL
Jesus Christ, Alona -- a DEAD BODY?

ALONA
You say you love me?
Now’s the time to prove it.
I need your help, Gill --

GILL
(head spinning)
Okay, okay -- yeah, sure -- I, I, --
(thinks)
But I can only take out five-hundred at a time --

ALONA
Yeah, but that plus the three-hundred
you gave me makes a nice dent.

GILL
Can I stay here with you?
Until -- they get here?

ALONA
I’m not sure when Beggar’ll be back.
You know how he is.

Gill gets up.
Starts putting his jeans on.
Scared. Angry.

GILL
Yeah, I get it.
Beggars CAN be choosers --

No comments:

Post a Comment