Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Really Kinky

Happy Hump Day, crime humpsters. You say you're looking for some cheap thrills? Some sleazy, utterly depraved hardboiled-pulp-noir action? Then you've come to the right place, guys and dolls, when you enter ... That Killing Feeling.

Onto today's joint from BLOOD GETS IN YOUR EYES ...

When we last left boozy screenwriter Holly Land, she finagled a few free drinks from Hollywood agent assistant Feo at the hotel bar, but she's soon horrified to find out his boss is the guy she killed earlier that evening ...


INT. THE STARLIGHT LOUNGE - NIGHT
The joint is deserted, except for Holly and Feo, with fresh cocktails.
The BARTENDER cleans glasses,
watches some old movie on the TV above the bar.

HOLLY
That’s gotta be exciting,
working for an agent.

FEO
It was at first,
but living on four-hundred bucks a week gets old fast.

HOLLY
I’m writing a screenplay --

FEO
Everyone and their sister is --
(catches himself)
That’s -- great.
What’s it about?

Feo’s BlackBerry RINGS.

FEO
Hold that thought.
(answers)
This is Feo --
(eyes wide)
Uh, not yet.
He’s -- in a meeting.
(listens)
I know it’s late --
(beat)
I’ve got the script with me.
I’m gonna give it to him as soon as he’s done.
(beat)
I’ll call you.
(CLICKS the phone shut)
Shit.

HOLLY
What’s wrong?

FEO
My boss is missing --
(low)
He was meeting a hooker at this hotel,
but no one’s seen him.
It’s like he -- disappeared.

Holly flinches.
Tries to act casual.

HOLLY
W-what’s he -- look like?
Maybe I’ve -- seen him.

FEO
He’s tall. Bald, with a big gut.
Goatee. Decent-looking.
(low)
And really kinky.
Into, you know -- rough stuff.

HOLLY
(averts her eyes)
I haven’t seen him. Sorry --

FEO
Yeah, well --
(sips his drink)
I’ve got this script Oscar’s supposed to read tonight.
Scarlet Stone wants to star in it.
(beat)
I am SO fucked.

HOLLY
Oscar?

FEO
That’s his name -- Oscar.
Oscar Goldman.

She gulps her drink.
Freaking out.

HOLLY
Nice -- name.

FEO
What a weird night.
Oscar disappears,
then the robbery at the liquor store --
(beat)
And then I meet you.

He takes a sip of his drink.
Stares at her.
A lightbulb POPS.

FEO
Wait a minute.
I thought you looked familiar --

UNDER THE BAR
Holly pulls the gun out of her purse.

HOLLY
Smiles strangely.

HOLLY
Familiar? How?

FEO
The video of the liquor store on AMZ --

HOLLY
JAMS the gun in his crotch. HARD.

FEO
Winces in pain.

FEO
OW. What the --

HOLLY
(sharp whisper)
It’s a gun.
And I’ll use it if you don’t shut the fuck up.
Pay the bartender,
and then we’re going up to my room.

FEO
Please don’t shoot.
Can’t we -- talk about this?

PUSH IN ON Holly’s face.
Blinking back frightened tears.

HOLLY
(low, throaty)
Do what I say,
or I’ll blow your fucking nuts off.
I’ve already killed two people tonight,
I’m really drunk,
and I’m not in the fucking MOOD.

2 comments:

  1. I really dig this one.

    And that, as always, is a phenomenal picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, doll. This one is a personal fave. Wrote it at the end of last year. Just wait, the body count is about start rising ...

    (Can you imagine how hard it is to find all this pix ... ? )

    ReplyDelete