Friday, September 13, 2019

Skull Fuckers


TGIF, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 18 of Frankenstein In Love, when Frankie's mom calls to let him know she's working late, she overhears recently brought back from the dead Shayla in the background. Meanwhile, Frankie's childhood crush Vita plans on winning back his heart ... with a little witchcraft ...



INT. HOSPITAL - NURSE’S STATION - NIGHT
Very quiet at this late hour.
Julie Stein wears a nurse’s uniform,
sits at her desk at the
corner of two corridors.

A PLEASANT-FACED LARGE NURSE (40’s)
walks up to her.

PLEASANT-FACED LARGE NURSE
I’m going down to the cafeteria
to get coffee. Can I get you anything?

JULIE
I’d LOVE a coffee.
These double-shifts are KILLING me. Thanks.

Pleasant-Faced nods. Walks off.
Julie picks up the phone.
Dials a number. Listens.

JULIE
Hello, Frankie.

INTERCUT WITH:

INT. FRANKIE’S BASEMENT LAB - CONTINUOUS
Frankie’s on the phone.
Shayla watches TV in the background.

FRANKIE
Hey, mom. What’s up?

JULIE
I’m so sorry, but Tammy called in sick.
I have to do a double-shift again tonight.

FRANKIE
That’s okay, mom.
I’ll just nuke a couple of Hot Pockets.

JULIE
Great. How was school today?

FRANKIE
Uh -- fine. School was -- great.

JULIE
Are you okay? Is something wrong?
You sound funny.

FRANKIE
(looks at Shayla)
No. Everything’s -- fine.
Just -- tired, that’s all.

Shayla raises her arms in the air. SHOUTS.

SHAYLA
KILL, KILL!

JULIE
What was that?

FRANKIE
Something on TV.
(gestures to Shayla to shush)
Sorry you have to work late again.

JULIE
(sighs)
Yeah, me too.
At least I get overtime.
See you in the morning, honey.

FRANKIE
Bye, mom. Good night.

JULIE
Love you.

FRANKIE
Love you. Bye.

He hangs up. Looks at Shayla.

FRANKIE
I’m sorry, my love -- but you need
to be quiet when I’m on the phone, okay?

SHAYLA
Sorry.

FRANKIE
What are you watching?

PUSH IN ON Shayla’s face. Smiling sweetly.

SHAYLA
Real Housewives.

INT. VITA’S BEDROOM - NIGHT
An altar has been set up on her dresser.
A few candles, a CD cover, a wine glass
and a kitchen knife have been
carefully laid out.

Vita regards her handiwork, pleased.
Looks at a scrap of paper in her hand.

VITA
I’ve got candles --
a wine glass will be my chalice,
which represents the woman --
and a knife -- which represents the man.
I found a pentagram on my Skull Fuckers CD --
and now I need something of Frankie’s,
like a lock of hair or a scrap of clothing --
(beat)
And then I can cast a LOVE SPELL on him.


No comments:

Post a Comment