Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Rear Window


Happy Tuesday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 6 of AFTERHOURS, rogue cop hostage taker Danny chats up drug dealer Mickey and teases him about his sexuality, then buys the celebrities another round ...


INT. AFTER HOURS CLUB - EARLY MORNING
Danny drains his glass.
Gestures to Mia for another.

DANNY
You gotta first aid kit in this joint?

ANGEL
In the back office.

DANNY
Is there a back entrance?

ANGEL
No.

DANNY
The only way out is the way we came in?

ANGEL
Yeah.

DANNY
Isn’t that against the fire code?

ANGEL
Owner’s tight with the city.

DANNY
You the bouncer?

ANGEL
Yeah.

DANNY
(to Vin)
Vin, go with him to the office
and get the first aid kit
and scope out the rest of the crib.

VIN
(drains his glass)
You got it.

He gets up. Nods at Angel.
They head off toward the back.

Danny sips his drink.
Looks at Mickey.

DANNY
What’s your story?

MICKEY
I’m a dealer.

DANNY
Check it out.
Not afraid to admit it.
I like that.

MICKEY
Thanks.

DANNY
What do you deal?

MICKEY
You name it.
Weed, X, coke, shrooms, pills --

DANNY
Maybe I’ll hit you up later.
(off his look)
Don’t worry, I’ll pay for it.
I may be a fugitive from the law,
but I don’t steal from other criminals
unless they fuck with me.

MICKEY
That’s -- great.

DANNY
Are you a top or a bottom?

MICKEY
Excuse me?

DANNY
You heard me.
Do you pitch or catch?

MICKEY
I’m -- versatile.

DANNY
I’ll keep that under advisement.

MICKEY
Okay --

DANNY
Relax. Just fucking with you.
(looks around)
C’mon, everybody.
Stop looking like
the dog just died.
Let’s PARTY.
(to Mia)
Barkeep.
Another round for my friends --

No comments:

Post a Comment