Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mad Money



Happy Thursday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 18 of EXIT, just as the hostages help gunman Danny Peel come up with a getaway plan, the buzzer rings, and in walks a pair thugs with shotguns ...


INT. THE EXIT ROOM - EARLY MORNING
Danny and Casey sit together at the bar
next to a bottle in in a bucket of ice.

Sip champagne from flutes.
Danny raises his glass
to the others in a toast.

DANNY
Thanks for not trying anything
while we were --

CASEY
Busy?

They stare at each other.
Smile.

EASY
Well, I’m not really
in fighting shape anymore.

DANNY
HEY.
Feeling sorry for yourself
is not allowed, got it?

EASY
That’s easy for you to say.

DANNY
Oh, yeah? Please.
You lost your arm,
but you’ve got millions.
And you’re gonna be
remembered as a hero.
I’m gonna be lucky if I
get out of this alive.
Any minute now the cops
could break down the door.

SKY
So we should come up a plan.

MIA
I told you.
He can take my car.
Angel can drive me home.

ANGEL
Yeah, sure.

CASEY
Wait a minute, I’ve got it.
What if I drive,
Easy rides shotgun,
Bettie and Sky sit behind us,
and Danny hides in the back
under a blanket?

DANNY
That’s fucking brilliant.

CASEY
Four celebrities going to breakfast
after a night of partying?
We could get through any roadblock.

DANNY
You guys would do that for me?

SKY
We could say you had a gun on us.

DANNY
(raises his glass)
As an expression of my gratitude,
I’ll give you each a hundred-k,
in cash, tax-free.
I’ll get the fuck outta here,
and you’ll have some mad money.

CASEY
(raises her glass)
To The Gentleman Bandit.
He robs from the rich --
to give to the rich.

SKY
Holy shit.
You mean that?

ANGEL
All of us?

MIA
Ohmigod.

HARRY
Dude. Really?

DANNY
Sure. Why not.
Now that my partner’s gone,
I’ll still have over a million
to head off into the sunset.

CASEY
What about me?

DANNY
You wanna come with?

CASEY
It’s my story, too.

DANNY
(nods)
We’ll hole up in a shitty motel
until the heat dies down.
You can go out and
get food and shit.

CASEY
The start of act three.

The buzzer RINGS.

CASEY
Shit.

DANNY
(to Angel)
Go see who it is.
If it’s the loan shark guys,
I’ve got you covered.
(beat)
Everybody else get
down behind the bar.

Angel walks over to the door.
Danny follows.

The rest scamble off their stools.
Get down on the floor behind the bar.

Danny takes position to
the side of the door,
shotgun ready.

ANGEL
(at the door)
Who’s there?

MALE VOICE (O.C.)
Liquor delivery.

ANGEL
We just had one.
It’s a mistake.
We don’t need anything.

Angel shoots a look at Danny.

MALE VOICE (O.C.)
No mistake.
Owner ordered that
new vodka from Croatia.
Expensive shit.

ANGEL
Really?

MALE VOICE (O.C.)
Yeah.
C’mon, can you open the door?
I gotta take a wicked piss.

Danny looks at Angel. Nods.
Angel unlocks, opens the door --
and two HUGE GUYS (20’s)
walk in carrying shotguns.

PUB, a crazy-looking Brit,
and NED, a scary-looking redneck.

PUB
(aims his gun at Angel)
Just the bloke we’re lookin’ for --

No comments:

Post a Comment