Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FULL BODY - Beauty & The Feast



Happy Hump Day, crime humpsters! It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In chapter 21 of FULL BODY, we return to the party at the Croatian embassy in DC, where evil assassin Mavra Vlaovic gets ready to exit on her Harley with her co-conspirator, Silke. But little does she know that her ex-husband, crime boss Yuri is hiding in the shadows watching her every move. Meanwhile, down at police headquarters French-African gazelle Ayanna Prouxl is being grilled about the death of Reynolds Tan ...


INT. CROATIAN EMBASSY - BALLROOM - NIGHT
The strangely hilarious cold war ghetto bubblegum synth-pop
of Rational Youth’s SATURDAYS IN SILESIA over --

Yuri, at the bar.
POUNDS down a shot.
Watches the throng.

Lights a cigar.
Nods to the music. Looks at --

OMAR TURGENOFF
rocking out with his FAT WIFE.
Beauty and the feast.

OMAR
(sings along)
'Saturdays in Silesia,
holidays are for heroes,
city lights, not quite Broadway' --

YURI’S
head SNAPS to the right. He sees --

MAVRA
strutting regally toward the terrace doors.

YURI
Mavra.

He grabs his drink. Follows her.

MAVRA
steps outside in the cool air.
Spies Silke and Elvissa.
Dark angels in the moonlight.

SILKE
There you are.
Resplendent with danger.

MAVRA
You’re such a tease.

ELVISSA
Hey. What about me?

Silke PINCHES Elvissa’s butt.

ELVISSA
Ow!

SILKE
(SMACKS her ass)
Don’t be jealous, love.
Daddy have plenty enough to go around.
(to Mavra)
So vat’s the plan?

YURI
moves in the shadows.
Steps behind a plant. Listens.

MAVRA
starts walking toward the gate.
Silke and Elvissa follow.

MAVRA
Come. We’re going to storm castle.
I trust you brought your toys.

YURI
watches them leave.
Pulls out his cell phone. Dials.

YURI
(listens)
C’mon, pick up, you little twat.

ON THE BALCONY
Dead Girl Scout lies in a pool of blood in the dark.
Her phone RINGS -- X-Ray Spex’s OH, BONDAGE UP YOURS.

Nearby, a GOTH COUPLE is making out.
The girl, a white-faced vision
in a blood-soaked white wedding dress pulls away.

GOTH BRIDE
Oooh. I love this song.

INT. INTERROGATION ROOM - AT THAT MOMENT
Ali scribbles some notes. Sits. Grins at Ayanna.
Slouched in a chair across from him. Glaring.

AYANNA
It’s pronounced ‘prool.’

NASSOUR
French?

AYANNA
French-AFRICAN. From Ghana.
Descended from the royal family --
my grandmother was the queen.

NASSOUR
(abruptly)
Did you kill Reynolds Tan?

AYANNA
Of course not.
This is ridiculous.
I want a lawyer.
I know my rights.

Nassour stands. Starts pacing.

NASSOUR
Are you a U.S. CITIZEN?

AYANNA
I, uh -- no,
but I have a visa,
I’m allowed to --

NASSOUR
A VISA? Do you have A WORK PERMIT?

AYANNA
Of course.

NASSOUR
May I see it, please?

AYANNA
I -- don’t have it with me.

NASSOUR
Do you realize that having
an attorney present is a
RIGHT granted to U.S. CITIZENS?

AYANNA
Are you going to -- arrest me?

NASSOUR
What were you doing on or about 10:45 PM?

AYANNA
I -- had just finished a session with --

Nassour stops. Leans into her. Menacing.

NASSOUR
A SESSION?
Don’t you mean an EROTIC MASSAGE?
Was it 'full body?'
Did you give him hand release?

AYANNA
No! He just -- watched.

NASSOUR
Watched WHAT?
What was he watching you do?

AYANNA
He was watching me -- make love.

NASSOUR
To?

Pause.

AYANNA
Catalina.

NASSOUR
One of the other girls --

AYANNA
Yes.

NASSOUR
Lovely name.
I bet she’s beautiful.

AYANNA
She is --

EXT. CROATIAN EMBASSY - VALET PARKING STAND - NIGHT
Mavra straddles her Harley.
Snaps on a shiny silver helmet with a spike.
Guns the engine.

MAVRA
Vat’s the address?

Elvissa climbs inside Silke’s
black BMW behemoth bike sidecar.
They strap on their helmets.

SILKE
(holds up slip of paper)
I’ve got it, just follow me --

MAVRA
(grabs it)
Silly boy. You forget who call shots?

YURI
appears in the shadows in the bushes.
Raises Dead Girl Scout’s rifle.
Takes aim. Hesitates.

His phone RINGS.

DEAN MARTIN (V.O.)
You’re nobody ‘til somebody loves you --

YURI
Shit.

He drops the gun.
Fumbles for his phone.

MAVRA AND SILKE
SNAP toward the noise.

MAVRA
Assassin, stage left --
gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES.

She KICKS the throttle, the bike ROARS.
Silke GUNS his.

And they TAKE OFF --

YURI
stares at his cell phone.
Puts it to his ear. Listens.

YURI
This better be fucking good --

1 comment:

  1. Ha! You're wasting your minutes, Yuri.... your little Girl Scout isn't going to be earning any more merit badges! So... you lookin' for someone to do some "wet work" for ya? Hmmm.... ? Haha!!

    Mmmm... there's a picture I don't want to get out of my head... Ayanna and Catalina... naked... beautiful sexy bodies glistening from the exertions of their lovemaking, strike that.... glistening from their frenzied f**king!! Muaahhh!!!!

    Uh-oh!! Make nice to the policeman, Ayanna... they'll put you away in a dark cell some where... and forget about you for a while ... your "rights" a little shaky, honey...

    Cool!! Mavra's got a "hog"! A girl on a bike is so hot!!! Do you have a bike, Carole? I could picture you cruising up the PCH on a sleek little Harley... :-)

    So... Elvissa can kill a man with her bare hands? Ha! I can kill a man without even touching him... provided he is about 80 years old and has a bad heart! I just lift up my blouse and give him a good look at my "girls" Hey... at least he die with smile on his face! LOL!!! Haha!! (Oh wow! Does that sound conceited? Haha!)

    Okay... last thing... a little tip for you, Yuri... when you are stalking someone with intent to kill them? Turn cellphone off!! Geez!! Even I know that, and I have killed only... ummm... never mind, that is not important! Yuri... Yuri... Yuri... I must tell you everything? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    I LOVE this story, Carole!!! :-)

    xoxoxoxo <3 <3

    ReplyDelete