Friday, January 18, 2013

The Spy Who Fucked Me


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Friday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 17 of NOWHERE GIRL, fugitive stripper Cherry Nation and her crew leave the stalled car and start hiking up into the Hollywood Hills to deliver 'the package' to the Al Qaeda sleeper cell ... when she gets a call from ex, CIA Shag Holiday, who reveals he's on the way to 'save' her ...

EXT. HOLLYWOOD HILLS - NIGHT
Cherry, Peeler and Stan
pile out of the Celica.

Start walking up into
the Hollywood Hills.

Cherry looks at the houses.

CHERRY
Look at the size
of THAT joint.

Cherry’s cell phone RINGS.
She gets it. Listens.

CHERRY (CONT’D)
Shag?
What’s wrong?
Are the kids okay?

INTERCUT WITH:

INT. CORVETTE - MOVING - NIGHT
Shag drives east on Sunset.
Passes The Beverly Hills Hotel.

SHAG
The kids are fine.
I was just calling
to see if --
everything was okay.

CHERRY
Why do you keep
checking up on me?
You’re driving me
fucking CRAZY.

Pause.

SHAG
I know what’s
going on, Cherry.
And I want
to help you.

CHERRY
What’s GOING ON?
You know
WHAT’S GOING ON? Uh,
I don’t THINK SO.

SHAG
Do you realize
how dangerous a
nuclear device is?
How unstable?

CHERRY
What the FUCK?
How did you --

SHAG
I’m CIA, Cherry.
I couldn’t tell you before --
for obvious reasons.
(beat)
And I’m sorry.
It fucking killed me.
So let’s just forget
everything that happened
and concentrate on
getting you out
of this mess.

CHERRY
So you don’t
sell shower heads.
I KNEW it.
All the secret
phone calls,
the long trips,
the injuries --
GODDAMMIT, Shag.

SHAG
I know. I know.
(beat)
I’m on my way.
I’ll be there soon.

CHERRY
How do you know where I --

SHAG
Aerial satellite
thermal tracking.
You’re carrying
plutonium, Cher.

CHERRY
I told you not to
CALL ME THAT anymore!
You, you -- ARRRRGHH!
(clicks the phone shut)
GODDAMMIT.

PEELER
Shag -- is the ex?

CHERRY
Yeah.
And the fuck-head’s
following us.
Bastard’s a fucking SPY.

PEELER
Shit.
What are we gonna do?

LOUD ROCK MUSIC
starts playing nearby.

Cherry looks at the house
they’re in front of.

It’s smaller, ranch-style.
And the music is
coming from the garage.

CHERRY
Follow me.
(beat)
I’ve got an idea --

No comments:

Post a Comment