Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Second Time's A Charm



Hey there, crime kids. Happy Wednesday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 3 of GUN-WILD, trigger-happy teenage heiress Cameron Clinch hooks up with ex-cop Rod Funk at the LA Gun Club, but when he takes her back to his Malibu beach pad, he gets more than fireworks ...

EXT. LA GUN CLUB - PARKING LOT - NIGHT
Cam stands at her Rover.
Paper targets in her hand.
She unlocks the door, opens it.

ROD (O.C.)
Not bad for a beginner.

ROD
Stands a few feet away.
Hands in his long, leather coat.

ROD
I used to keep the targets, too.

She looks at him.
Then glances at the bullet holes.
Something flashes in her eyes.

CAM
For my scrapbook.

Rod pulls a Sig Sauer
out of his left pocket.

A bottle of Jack Daniels
from his right.

ROD
Thought maybe we could
continue the party.

CAM
Continue the party.

ROD
Back at my place on the beach. Malibu.
Gotta firing range and everything.

CAM
I’ll follow you.
(beat)
But I’m not spending the night.

ROD
Wouldn’t think of it.

CAM
Of course you’re
thinking about it.
You’re a guy.

ROD
I’m cool. Used to be a cop.
I’m safe.

CAM
Who said anything about 'safe?'

Pause.

ROD
Don’t worry. I bite.

EXT. MALIBU BEACH - ROD’S JOINT - NIGHT
Rod’s beach shack sits in the sand
near a rocky wall of dirt.

He leads Cam around the side.
They come to a formation
of rocks near the water.

CAM
Is this where
you take your victims?

ROD
Only when they’re good.

He leads her over the rocks,
until they reach --

A protected COVE.
Rocks surrounding an inlet.

The waves CRASH behind them.
Water flows over their bare feet.

CAM
A secret hideaway.

ROD
This is where I come to think.
(beat)
And then forget.

He takes a swig of Jack.
Hands her the bottle.

ROD
Check it out.

Rod walks over to a
light switch on a post.
Flicks it on.

A floodlight SNAPS ON.
We now see the outline of
a FIGURE scratched in the dirt.
Then spray-painted red.

Cam’s eyes flash.
She pulls out her piece.

FIRES at it -- BANG.
The bullet HITS the head.
A SPRAY of dirt FLIES OFF.

ROD
(ducks)
Hey! What the FUCK are you doing?
You wanna kill me?

CAM
Chill out. I didn’t hit you.

He walks over to her.
Takes the bottle. Swigs.

ROD
You’re crazy.

CAM
Gun crazy.

ROD
What’s with you and guns?

CAM
My whole life,
I’ve always felt --powerless.
(sticks it in her jeans)
Now I don’t.

ROD
Rough childhood?

CAM
You could say that.

ROD
(hands her the bottle)
Wanna tell me about it?

She takes a long, slow swig.
Wipes her mouth.

CAM
Gotta couple weeks?

3 comments:

  1. Cool... my favorite piece... Sig Sauer. Okay, I like Rod... ain't gonna sleep with him, but he is cool enough... :)

    I hear Jack will do that to you... let you think... and then forget.

    So, Cam has this thing for guns... the girl may act otherwise... try to be tough, but there is a vulnerability there... what's her story?

    And what is it Rod is trying to forget?

    Definitely getting interesting. Very nice, hun!

    xoxoxoxo <3 <3 <3

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both have a story -- but in this one, it's more about Cam -- and trust me, her story is INTENSE ...

    Glad to have you back on board ... <3

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete