Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kill-Shot



Hey there, crime kids. Happy Wednesday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 43 of WILSHIRE BOULEVARD, we start the race to the exciting conclusion as private eye Carrie Love chases after murderer Jenny Lane, while being pursued by homicide dicks Bernie Keko and Aya Meir ...


EXT. FLENDER ESTATE - BACK YARD - NIGHT
Jenny runs through the back yard.
Into a giant row of hedges.

Stopped by a fence
hidden in the foliage.

She ducks behind a tree.
Pulls out her gun.

CARRIE (O.C.)
JENNY. Come on out.
If you let me take you in,
you’ll be safe.

JENNY
I HATE you!

Jenny starts SHOOTING
blindly toward the house.

CARRIE
races over to a gazebo.

Ducks down behind the
lattice-work enclosure.

Pulls out her piece.
Checks the magazine.


As she does this,
Jenny DASHES into
the pool house.

CARRIE
JENNY.
Put the gun down.
You’re only gonna
make it worse!

BERNIE (O.C.)
DROP IT, Carrie.
You’re under ARREST.

CARRIE
(whips her head around)
BERNIE.
I’m glad you’re here.
Jenny Lane, crazy frill,
killed Flender,
she’s the one
who set me up.

BERNIE
stands behind a tree
near the gazebo.
Gun on Carrie.

BERNIE
We’ll discuss all that later.
Right now, I’m taking you in.
Martune died, and we have you
on videotape at the hospital --

AYA
crawls on the grass
near the rear of the gazebo.

CARRIE
(pulls out dictaphone)
You can question me later.
We’ve got the killer cornered,
and I’ve got it all on tape.

She TOSSES the recorder.
Bernie CATCHES it.

AYA
reaches the gazebo steps.
Starts to crawl up them, when --

A SHOT
rings out.
CRACKS her in the shoulder.
She FLIES backward.

AYA
OW!

CARRIE
whips her head around.
Sees Aya.

Does a roll, and CLATTERS
down the opposite stairs.
LEAPS up. DASHES away.

BERNIE
raises his gun.
Takes aim.

BERNIE
CARRIE, STOP.
Don’t make me shoot!
(sees Aya)
Aya --

He races over.

AYA
I’m okay.
It went right through.

Bernie RIPS off a sleeve.
Ties it around the wound.
KNOTS it.

BERNIE
Stay here.
Keep me covered.
I’m going after her.

AYA
Didn’t you hear?
The other girl
is the one we want.

BERNIE
Then we’ll bring ‘em both in.

AYA
Shut up and listen to me --

GUNSHOTS ring out.
Pieces of wood go FLYING.
They DUCK down.

CARRIE (O.C.)
She’s in the POOL HOUSE.
C’mon, over here.
We can surround her.

CARRIE
stands behind the cabana.
Sticking her head out.

CARRIE
I didn’t KILL anyone, Bernie!
I’m not a FUCKING KILLER.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! A great big double handful of action here... bullets flying...

    My heart stopped for a moment when Aya got shot... I thought... 'oh no! not Aya!" Thanks for just wounding her.. :)

    It doesn't look like Jenny is going to come easy.... I'm kind of torn... I mean, if Jenny does surrender, she is going to prison, right? I don't see Carrie coming for conjugal visits much...on the other hand... ALL the women in Carrie's life... gone... I really feel for her , you know?

    Okay... I gotta go read the next chapter...

    xoxoxoxo <3 <3 <3

    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete