Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Flying Fuck



Hey there, crime kids. Happy Hump Day. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 12 of EXIT, in the aftermath of the failed hostage takeover, screenwriter Casey Montana tells fugitive gunman Danny Peel that they need to cauterize pro baseball player Easy Washington's wound where his arm got blown off, so they bring him to the kitchen to do the dirty deed on the electric stove. Meanwhile, faded rock star Bettie Black, now awake after passing out, discovers coke residue on the bar, and tries to convince dirty cop Vin Vargas to give her some ...


INT. THE EXIT ROOM - EARLY MORNING

Vin walks back in,
wiping his face with a paper towel.

Walks over to Sky.
JAMS his gun against his head.

VIN
If I get AIDS,
I’m gonna fucking KILL you,
fucking FAGGOT.

DANNY
Vin. He’s not gay.
He’s a junkie.
(off his look)
Needles?

VIN
Oh.
(beat)
Right.

DANNY
(nods at Easy)
We gotta cauterize the wound.

VIN
Why? Just let him bleed out.
He fucking attacked you
for crissakes.

DANNY
(to Mia)
What kinda stove
you got in the kitchen,
gas or electric?

MIA
Electric.

DANNY
Perfect.

EASY
Oh, no.
You can’t -- do that.

DANNY
Oh yes we can.
You wannna live, right?

EASY
Can I get back to you on that?

DANNY
(to Angel)
GQ. Help me bring him
into the kitchen.

Angel nods.
Walks over.

DANNY
(to Vin)
You keep an eye
on the gang from Cheers.

VIN
Okay.

Danny and Angel help Easy up.
Start walking toward the back.

EASY
Why are you helping me?

DANNY
Shades of grey,
Mr. Pro Athelete.
Sometimes the bad guy
shows a glimmer of compassion.

VIN
What about his arm?

DANNY
You deal with it.

They leave.
Bettie slides out of the booth.
Starts weaving toward the bar.

VIN
(sees her)
And just where the fuck
do you think YOU’RE going?

BETTIE
(sits)
Excuse me, but that
was some intense shit.
I need a drink.

CASEY
I don’t think
that’s a good idea.

BETTIE
Like I could give a flying fuck
what you think?

MIA
I think she’s right.
It’s probably not a good idea.
You’ve had a lot --

BETTIE
Pour me a fucking DRINK, barkeep.
I’m a ROCK STAR.
It’s what we DO.
(sees the powder on the bar)
You guys were DOING COKE?

She licks her finger,
wipes it through the residue.
Rubs it on her gums.

BETTIE
Now we’re fucking TALKING.
Is there any more?

VIN
Shut the fuck up.
You’re giving me a headache.
(to Mia)
Give her a fucking drink.
Maybe she’ll pass out again.

Mia grabs a glass.
Starts pouring.

BETTIE
I’ll give you head
if you gimme some coke.
(laughs)
A blow for some blow.
Whattaya say?

VIN
I say you’ve become a joke.
You were a rock goddess,
and look at you now.

From the kitchen,
we hear Easy CRY OUT IN PAIN.

EASY (O.C.)
AHHHHHH --

No comments:

Post a Comment