Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hot For Teacher


Happy Tuesday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 2 of BLUE HOTEL, hooker Alona Tal visits boozy writer Holly Land's room to offer her a menage a trois with her boyfriend, which Holly shyly turns down. Then, moments later, Alona's client, schoolteacher Gill Sherry, arrives for his session, and begs Alona to 'let him take her away from all this' ...


INT. HOLLY’S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT
Holly puts the picture back up on the wall.
Opens up her laptop computer.
Takes a sip of vodka. Starts typing.

ON THE SCREEN
We see the words
‘Beggars can’t be choosers, baby.’

HOLLY
Smiles faintly.

HOLLY
Art imitates life --

A KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK at the door.

HOLLY
Come in, it’s open.

Alona glides in the room,
carrying her beer.

Holly closes the computer.
Looks up. Guilty.

ALONA
Hey, girlie.

HOLLY
(looks)
Alona. Hey. What’s up?

ALONA
YOU are.

HOLLY
(flushes)
I, uh --

ALONA
You’re so cute when you blush.
You know that?

HOLLY
Alona --

Alona walks over to Holly.
Puts her hand on her shoulder.

ALONA
The invitation still stands.
You can come join
Beggar and me anytime, you know.
(smiles)
Two’s company, three’s a party.

HOLLY
I don’t -- swing that way, Alona.

ALONA
Bullshit. I see the way you look at me.
(off her startled look)
It’s okay. I like it. I like you --

She bends over.
Kisses Holly softly on the lips.

ALONA
Promise me you’ll think about it?

HOLLY
(stares, wide-eyed)
I, uh --

ALONA
My sweet, little writer --
(goes to the door)
Just think about it. Gotta go.
Time for my next client --
(evil grin)
A teacher a day keeps the landlord away.

EXT. THE STARLIGHT HOTEL - NIGHT
Gill Sherry walks up to the front stoop.
Stops. Looks at the decay.
The ambiance of despair and poverty.

GILL
I’ve got to get her
out of this place. Save her.

And he bounds up the steps.

INT. ALONA’S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - MOMENTS LATER
The spooky, fuzzy, haunting reverb guitar sounds
of The Raveonettes ALLY, WALK WITH ME
plays on the boombox over --

Alona, sits on the bed smoking a cigarette.
A KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK at the door.

ALONA
Come in, if you know what’s good for you.

The door OPENS. In walks Gill.

ALONA
Hey there, hot for teacher.

GILL
Ready for your homework?

He goes to the bed. Sits.
She smiles. Pulls out a joint.

ALONA
Want some higher education?

GILL
(reaches up, strokes her hair)
I didn’t think it was possible,
but you’ve gotten even more beautiful.

ALONA
Still the romantic --

GILL
(starts unbuttoning his shirt)
Have you thought any more about my offer?

ALONA
You mean taking me away from all this?

GILL
Yeah. I’ve got that great
little cottage upstate --

ALONA
Gill, I told you.
I like it here.
I like living at the beach.
I LIKE my life. It’s simple.
Uncomplicated. No strings.

GILL
But what about -- Beggar?

ALONA
Beggar’s just a friend.
(smiles)
Like you.

GILL
I’m not going to give up.

He stands. Walks over to the dresser.
Takes out his wallet.

Pulls out some cash.
Discretely tucks it under a book.

ALONA
Get that tight little ass over here.
We’ve got some serious fucking to do.

GILL
(comes to her)
And you say I’M a romantic --

No comments:

Post a Comment