Friday, November 3, 2017

Sponge Bath And A Movie


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Friday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 3 of A DISH BEST KILLED, B-movie starlet Haven Crayce tends to her husband, retied film director Dart Crayce, bedridden in their houseboat. Moments later, she returns downstairs to the galley, where she makes a date with her new 'friend,' lesbian personal trainer Jett Targo.


INT. CRAYCE HOUSEBOAT - MASTER BEDROOM - MOMENTS LATER
A large room which takes up
the entire third floor.

Hospital bed faces a giant
movie screen. Shades drawn.

Dimly lit by a single bedside lamp.
We see movie memorabilia in the shadows.

In bed lies DART CRAYCE (88).
Skeletal. White-haired, gimlet-eyed.
Sunken, ruined skin.

Right now he’s hooked up
to a dialysis machine,
hoses like tentacles.
The machine HUMS.

DART
What took you so long?

HAVEN
What are you talking about?
I came right away.

DART
I heard voices. Who’s down there?

HAVEN
Someone I met walking Buster.
She wanted to see the boat.

DART
A woman --

HAVEN
Of course, silly.
You’re the only man for me.

DART
Bring me a diet Vernor’s.
And it’s time to set up
the picture for tonight.

HAVEN
Right away. I’ll be back
in two shakes of a -- of a --

DART
LAMB’S TAIL.
And tell your guest to leave.
You need to set up the projector.

HAVEN
Sure thing.

She turns, leaves.

ON THE STAIRS

HAVEN (CONT'D)
(to herself)
Nasty old fuck.

IN THE GALLEY
Jett is looking at a framed picture
of Dart with Humphrey Bogart
and Barbara Stanwyck.
Smiles all around.

HAVEN (O.C.) (CONT'D)
That was taken on the set of
Blood Gets In Your Eyes.

JETT
I know. It’s one of my favorite films.
Barbara Stanwyck’s first time with Bogie.


HAVEN
You’re a personal trainer, right?

JETT
Yeah. How did you know?

HAVEN
I’ve seen you training
people on the beach.
(beat)
I’m all seeing and all knowing.

Pause.

JETT
Do you want me to -- train you?

HAVEN
I need -- training.
(beat)
Shall we make it tomorrow
morning, say around ten?

JETT
I think I can squeeze you in.

HAVEN
It’s a date.
(kisses Jett on the cheek)
Thanks for coming by.
I’ve gotta go take care of hubby now.
Sponge bath and a movie.

PUSH IN ON Jett.
About to explode.

JETT
Sounds like -- fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment