Monday, November 6, 2017

American Tweaker


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 4 of A DISH BEST KILLED, lesbian personal trainer Jett Targo tangles with meth addict Rush Madder, a former partner in crime she thought she had escaped from ...


EXT. APARTMENT BUILDING - NIGHT
An old apartment building between
two three-million dollar homes.

Jett stands on the front stoop.
Fishes out her keys.

Unlocks the door.
Starts to push it open, when --

MALE VOICE (O.C.)
Where have you been?
I’ve been waiting for over an hour.

Jett WHIPS AROUND to see --

RUSH MADDER (25). Blonde. Ghostly.
Jittery. Bloodshot eyes.

Pierced eyebrows. Skinny black jeans.
The all-American tweaker.

With that never-scrubbed
‘up for three days’ look.

JETT
Rush.
What are you doing here?

RUSH
(wipes his nose)
I thought we could hang out.

JETT
It’s over, Rush.
I told you.
I don’t want to see you anymore.
(starts to push the door closed)
I’m sorry, goodbye.

Rush GRABS the door.
Eyes flashing. Menacing sneer.

RUSH
Don’t close the fucking door on me!
I drove all the way from
Long Beach to see you,
and this is the thanks I get?
(beat)
I brought you a gift.
Check it out.

He pulls out a glass vial.
Holds it up. Sickly smile.

Jett SLAMS the door on Rush’s foot.
He SCREAMS in pain.

RUSH (CONT’D)
OW, Fuck!
That HURT --

Jett KICKS Rush’s foot out.
BANGS the door closed. LOCKS it.

JETT
(through the glass window)
I asked you to stay AWAY from me,
and I tried to be NICE about it,
but OBVIOUSLY that
doesn’t WORK with you.
I don’t want to SEE YOU anymore.
STAY AWAY from me.

RUSH
What did I do?
I never did anything to hurt you.
C’mon, Jett -- please.

JETT
GO AWAY!

She turns on her heel
and races up the stairs,
two at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment