Friday, September 5, 2014

My Bloody Valentine


Happy Friday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 5 of BLUE HOTEL, hooker Alona Tal and wannabe writer Holly Land have to deal with the dead body of the agent Holly killed in Alona's hotel room, so Alona calls her boyfriend, drug dealer Beggar Leck for some help ...


INT. ALONA'S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT
Alona goes over to the dead body.
Stares at it.

Holly sits on the bed.
Head in her hands.

HOLLY
I’m so sorry, Alona -- I fucked up.

ALONA
It’s okay.
He was a jerk.

HOLLY
(looks up)
So who was he?

ALONA
A rich, kinky asshole.
Scum of the earth.

HOLLY
A, a -- lawyer?

ALONA
Worse --
(beat)
An agent.
(thinks)
I gotta call Beggar.
He’ll know what to do.

Alona gets her cell phone.
Dials a number. Listens.

ALONA
Hey, baby -- it’s me.

INTERCUT WITH:

INT. BEGGAR’S BMW CONVERTIBLE - MOVING - NIGHT
Beggar drives with the top down.

BEGGAR
(on the phone)
What’s wrong?
You sound funny.

ALONA
Well, seeing as how there’s
a dead body in my room --
you’d 'sound funny,' too.

BEGGAR
What the FUCK?

ALONA
My trick, the agent.
We were playing
‘What’s My Bondage,’
Holly heard the commotion
and came in to rescue me --

Holly stares.
Fighting back tears.

Goes to the table.
Gets Alona’s bottle of vodka.

Opens it.
Takes a long slug.

ALONA
(watches her)
And stabbed him
with a pair of scissors.

BEGGAR
Jesus fucking CHRIST.

ALONA
No big loss.
The guy was a real asshole.
The world’s a better place
without him.

BEGGAR
But shit, Alona.
There's a dead guy
in your ROOM.

ALONA
Hey -- life gives you a lemon,
you make lemonade.
(beat)
Where are you?

BEGGAR
I’m on the 405,
getting near the 90.
I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.
Wrap him up in the shower curtain
start cleaning up the blood --

ALONA
Can’t YOU do that?

BEGGAR
Time is of the essence, Alona.
You want blood seeping through
the floor to the room below?

ALONA
Shit. Okay, okay.
(beat)
Are you gonna call your friends?

BEGGAR
Yeah.
They’ll TAKE CARE of it.

ALONA
You -- mad at me?

BEGGAR
No, not you.
It’s just -- they want me
to work for them full-time,
and if they help with this,
I’m gonna owe them.

ALONA
Owe them what?

BEGGAR
Let’s just say the new guy
to do the dirty work.
(sighs)
Just get started,
and I’ll be there soon.

ALONA
Out, out damn spot.

BEGGAR
Huh?

ALONA
Never mind.
Just hurry up and get
your ass over here,
my bloody valentine.

INT. ALONA’S SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - CONTINUOUS
Alona looks at Holly.
Drinking vodka from the bottle.

Grimacing. Looking lost.
Then at Oscar’s dead body.

And the growing pool
of blood around it.

ALONA
Gimmee some of that.
We’ve got our work cut out for us.

HOLLY
(hands her the bottle)
What -- do you mean?

ALONA
Beggar’s on his way.
He said we gotta mop up the blood,
then wrap up the body.
Do me a favor, and go down
to the front desk and
ask for some extra towels?

HOLLY
What should I say they’re for?

ALONA
(takes a swig)
I dunno, make something up.
Tell ‘em we’re having
a slumber party.

HOLLY
What are we gonna
wrap him up with?

ALONA
Shower curtain.

HOLLY
You mean -- like in Goodfellas?

ALONA
Nah.
More like Motel Hell --

No comments:

Post a Comment