Monday, April 17, 2017

A Great Time


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 22 of ZOMBIE & JULIET, quarantined with the zombie virus in bed at home, Jool reminisces about meeting Rommy at the street fair and how sad they both were to say 'good bye' ...


INT. JOOL’S BEDROOM - DAY
Jool lies in bed,
staring at a picture.
Deep in thought.

EXT. GREENWICH VILLAGE - STREET FAIR - NIGHT - FLASHBACK
The fair is ending.
People are cleaning up.

Rommy and Jool stand on
a street corner holding hands.
They both look sad.

JOOL
She was killed before you
had a chance to make love?

ROMMY
I’m sorry.
I shouldn’t have --
(beat)
Talking about the ex
on the first date.
Definite no-no.

JOOL
At least you had
someone you wanted to --
(sighs)
I always scare them off.

She looks down.
Bites her lip.

ROMMY
Hey. Wait a minute.
This is great.
We’ve got something in common.
My first girlfriend, your parents.
We could start a support group.
Adult Survivors of Zombie Abuse.
She laughs despite herself.
Looks up. Points at his shirt.

JOOL
You got ice cream on your --

ROMMY
(looks)
Whoops. Can’t tell
if it’s Ben or Jerry.

Pause.

JOOL
(softly)
I really had a great time.

ROMMY
So did I.
A great time.
What a concept.
Been awhile.
I could get used to it.

JOOL
I don’t want to go.

ROMMY
Then don’t go.

JOOL
I have to.
My uncle is going
to KILL me.

ROMMY
I’ll come see you.

JOOL
Soon?

ROMMY
Soon.
(beat)
Real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment