Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Got Coke?


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Hump Day. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 3 of AFTERHOURS, we meet Angel Diaz, the bouncer, who owes his dealer Mickey Mertz money for blow he planned on selling, but then got stolen ... so when Mickey arrives with more product, the thinks he's in the clear ...


INT. AFTER HOURS CLUB - EARLY MORNING
Sitting at the far end is ANGEL DIAZ (20’s),
the bouncer, big and burly.

Also great-looking, like a model.
But looks a bit frayed around the edges.
He chats up Mia.

ANGEL
I’m so fucked.
They’re gonna break my knees.
(low, to himself)
Where the fuck IS he?

MIA
Who you waiting for?

ANGEL
Mickey, my dealer.
He’s gonna give me some credit.

MIA
But you already have coke.

ANGEL
I did, but my apartment
got burglarized last night.
Now I need more to sell
so I can make the vig.

MIA
And you wanna sell it here?
Are you crazy?
You’re lucky Klaus
didn’t fire your ass when
you got caught last time.

ANGEL
I got no choice, Mia.
I’m outta options.
I need to make the vig.

MIA
(nods at the customers)
What makes you sure
they’re gonna buy it?

ANGEL
Please. Wasted celebrities
in an after-hours joint?
We should have a fucking vending machine.

MIA
I don’t get why anybody does a drug
that won’t let you get it up. Stupid.

ANGEL
I told you.
That’s never happened before.

MIA
Well, it’s not gonna happen again,
that’s for sure.

The buzzer RINGS.

ANGEL
That’s him.

He RACES to the door. Unlocks it.
MICKEY MERTZ (30’s) walks in.

Tall, blonde and rakish
in the lastest hipster threads.

Boyish looks a bit fuzzy
due to hard-partying.

Eyes burning from the combination
of chemicals dancing in his head.

MICKEY
I made it.

ANGEL
Got here just in time.
We’re closing soon.

MICKEY
You know what they say,
‘better late than never.’

ANGEL
(fake smile)
Yeah, right.

MICKEY
So where we gonna do this?

ANGEL
VIP room.

MICKEY
Lead on, Macduff.

No comments:

Post a Comment