Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Goth Lite


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Hump Day. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 8 of FRANKENSTEIN IN LOVE, Frankie and Josh make plans to move Shayla's dead body into his basement lab later that night. Meanwhile, Vita searches online for a cute dress to get Frankie's attention ...


EXT. STEIN RESIDENCE - NIGHT
A small, plain four-bedroom colonial job
just like all the others on the street.
Frankie’s car pulls into the driveway.

INT. FRANKIE’S VOLKSWAGON - NIGHT
Frankie parks the car.
Turns and looks at Josh.

FRANKIE
We can’t move her now.
We have to wait until
my mom is asleep.

JOSH
WE?

FRANKIE
C’mon. I need your help.
We’re in this together.

JOSH
We ARE?

FRANKIE
You just helped me remove a dead body
from the scene of an accident.
If that’s not in this together,
I don’t know what is.

JOSH
(sighs)
What time should I be here?

FRANKIE
Midnight.

JOSH
Should I bring anything?

FRANKIE
If you find your balls,
might help.

Josh rolls his eyes.
Opens the car door.

JOSH
Very funny.

FRANKIE
Hey, come on.
I’m just messing with you.
Thanks for helping me out.
I owe you one.
You’re my best friend.

JOSH
Are you TRYING to scare me?

INT. VITA’S BEDROOM - NIGHT
The Cure’s queasy, plaintive,
over-the-top romantic dirge
PICTURES OF YOU plays
on the stereo over --

Dark, like a cave.
Candles burning.

Horror movie and goth rock band
posters dot the walls.

Vita sits at her desk,
cruising the web.

She picks up her cell.
Punches a number.

VITA
Imogene -- ?
(listens)
Yeah, It’s me.
We’re not playing tonight.
(listens)
I’ve got this gnarly cold.
I’ve been coughing up chunks.
(listens)
Yeah. I’ve called the others --
(listens)
Yep. We’re on for next week.
(listens)
Beware The Phantom Brigade.

She CLICKS the phone shut.
Shakes her head.

Starts working the mouse
and keyboard.

ON THE SCREEN
We see the HOT TOPIC website.
Vita clicks on APPAREL.

Then DRESSES. An array of
cute black dresses appear.
Goth-lite.

VITA
Scrunches up her face.

Moves the mouse.
Examines the choices.
Then see one she likes. Beams.

VITA
Black chiffon skull tube
ruffle dress, here we come.

ON THE SCREEN
She adds it to her shopping cart.

VITA (O.C.)
Okay, now for some shoes --

A page of cool shoes appears.
Boots. Wedges. High heels.

VITA (O.C.)
Zebra platform heels? COOL.

VITA
Smiles. Fingers CLACK-CLACK
across the keyboard.

VITA
When the going gets tough --
the tough buy shit online.

She CLICKS the mouse. PUNCHES ‘send.’
She gets up from the desk.

Goes to the window.
Looks out at Frankie’s house.

VITA
Watch out, Frankie Stein --
there’s a new archetype in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment