Monday, March 21, 2016

Dead To Rights


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 21 of FRANKENSTEIN IN LOVE, science genius nerd Frankie Stein is confronted by his childhood flame Vita Heck after she sees him romancing reanimated cheerleader Shayla Petrie in his tree house ...


INT. HIGH SCHOOL CORRIDOR - DAY
The joint is clogged with kids.
Frankie stands at his locker
working the combination.
Vita comes up behind him.

VITA
Frankie, we need to talk.

FRANKIE
(turns, looks)
Hey, Vita. Sorry, can’t talk now,
don’t wanna be late for class.

He turns to leave.

VITA
I saw you with Shayla last night.

FRANKIE
(stops, stares)
That’s crazy. She’s -- dead. Missing.

VITA
No, she’s not. She’s in your tree house.

FRANKIE
I, I can explain --

VITA
You fucking BETTER --
(grabs his hand)
Come with me.

She drags him into --

INT. GIRLS’ ROOM - DAY
Empty except for a YOUNG GIRL WITH BRACES
drying her hands with a paper towel.
She sees Frankie and BOLTS for the door.

VITA
What the FUCK, Frankie.
Did you bring her back to life?

FRANKIE
Yeah, but wait, I can explain --

VITA
A cop and woman from the CDC
were at my house this morning
asking my mother about the DEAD RAT
that was running around
like crazy in my basement.
Did you do that, too?

FRANKIE
(sighs)
I was doing a dead-cell reanimation
experiment -- and it worked.
And then when Shayla got hit by a car --

He trails off. Gestures helplessly.

VITA
I can’t fucking BELIEVE it.
Do you realize how much
trouble you’re in?
My mother told them about
your basement lab.

FRANKIE
Oh, SHIT.
(realizes, freaks out)
Did you tell them you saw --

VITA
No, no, no. I’d never do that.
I want to help you.

FRANKIE
You w-want to help me? Why?

VITA
Don’t you remember the ceremony?

FRANKIE
We were TEN, Vita.
That was kid’s stuff.

VITA
It doesn’t have to be --
(a whisper)
I never stopped loving you.

Frankie stares. Be careful here.
You need her help.
He takes her hands in his.

FRANKIE
Can we -- talk about that later?
I’m kinda -- freaked out right now.

VITA
Of course, of course.
(thinks)
Here’s what you do.
Go to the nurse, say you’re sick,
then go home and hide anything
in your lab that can
be used as evidence.
(realizes)
Oh, shit. Wait.
The cop and the CDC lady
are probably there right now --

FRANKIE
No, it’s okay.
My mom’s still at work.
She doesn’t get home until ten.
She did a double shift last night.

VITA
Perfect.

FRANKIE
Yeah. Okay --

VITA
Don’t worry. We’ll figure this out.

FRANKIE
I don’t know what to say.

She puts her hands on his hips.
Draws him close --

VITA
Thank you would be nice --

And grinds into his crotch.
Kisses him deeply. She pulls back.
Frankie looks at her. Aroused. Confused.

FRANKIE
(throaty)
Thank you.

VITA
Play your cards right, and
there’s more where that comes from.

FRANKIE
I’d -- like that.

VITA
We can make up for lost time.
(off his stare)
She’s no good for you, Frankie.
She’s dead. I’m alive --

FRANKIE
(head spinning)
Yeah --

VITA
Now go, scoot --
go see the nurse. Hurry.

He stares at her a long beat.
Nods. Then hurries out.

VITA
(watches him go)
You’re mine now, Frankie Stein.
All mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment